2vs2 Nightcore Mix (idea template)

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
HFUNightcore

2vs2 Nightcore Mix (idea template)

Post by HFUNightcore » August 28th, 2014, 11:48 am

Hello community in this thread I will give you a detailed view how the 2vs2 Nightcore Mix will work exactly.

Basically the 2vs2 mix is just a 1 hour mix but there are 2 teams and both try to make the best mix. A 2vs2 means that the 1 hour mix is divided into 2 parts. Team 1 has the first 30 minutes and team 2 the second 30 minutes which are 60 minutes= 1 hour in total. Each team has to use one pic and it has to be different from the other team. Another important thing is that the pic has to include the names of the team members. Its important because the viewers who will vote who was better have to see the difference who made which mix. As I already mentioned the viewers vote who was the better team. It takes nothing more than 2 seconds to vote they just have to go to: http://strawpoll.me/ and vote quickly. Important is that we have to make the people actually see the link and how they can vote so annontations which say open the description and vote which team was better and put the link twice into the description and best would be to put them to the top. I could make a template description if needed. Anyways the mixes get uploaded on all participants channels that means the mix will be uploaded 4 times. Now we have to decide if making the voting time limited or vote limited is better. for example is it better to let the viewers give a time period of 1 month to vote or make a maximum number of votes for example at 1000 votes the winner is decided. But I think it would be smarter to make a time limited voting since the people are more in a hurry to vote and also we dont know how much people will vote. If there arent that much people who vote after a long time which I highly doubt then we should set a limit of votes and the team with the highest number wins.

Thats all for now I hope you understand my idea and feel free to post your questions and thoughts. And also dont be shy you are allowed to use this idea since its a template for the whole community. Do your own match ups if you want ^^ would be very interesting to see.

First 2vs2 announcement:
HFU Nightcore and NightcoreLounge vs StefanGhost and emilemil1
Edit:

1.All sorts of video effects are allowed just the rule with 1 different picture for each team is important.
2. No Bribes or any other sorts of tricks to get a better voting. I hope I can trust you on that point. Otherwise it would be boring. Who ever cheats loses automatically.
3.A time limit for the voting of 2 weeks should be enough if there are still too less votings, the voting time period gets extended for another 2 weeks.
4.The names of the teams are not revealed untill the contest is over since some people would vote who made the mix and not vote the mix itself. The teams are tagged with Team1 and Team2.
Last edited by HFUNightcore on August 29th, 2014, 8:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
emilemil1

Re: 2vs2 Nightcore Mix (idea template)

Post by emilemil1 » August 28th, 2014, 3:14 pm

Ok, some thoughts:

1. The annotations doesn't have to point them to the description, it can also be a link directly to the strawpoll. Having those links in the description as well is of course also necessary for those viewing on phones/tablets.

2. 2 weeks should be more than enough as a time limit, and if it's still even at that point we can just extend the duration.

3. We could also not reveal the names of who made the mixes, and just label the two parts as "Team 1/2" or something like that instead. That way the viewers are more likely to vote on the actual mix and not on the people making them. Though this might be unnecessary if the song/picture choices are enough to tell our identities :P

4. Can we use audio spectrums or other effects, or does it have to be a static image?

5. We should agree on no bribes in descriptions/comments ;) Such as: "If I win I'll give all of my subscribers X and Y treat!"

Might have some more questions when I have more time to think, we'll see.
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » August 28th, 2014, 3:38 pm

emilemil1 wrote:Ok, some thoughts:

1. The annotations doesn't have to point them to the description, it can also be a link directly to the strawpoll. Having those links in the description as well is of course also necessary for those viewing on phones/tablets.

2. 2 weeks should be more than enough as a time limit, and if it's still even at that point we can just extend the duration.

3. We could also not reveal the names of who made the mixes, and just label the two parts as "Team 1/2" or something like that instead. That way the viewers are more likely to vote on the actual mix and not on the people making them. Though this might be unnecessary if the song/picture choices are enough to tell our identities :P

4. Can we use audio spectrums or other effects, or does it have to be a static image?

5. We should agree on no bribes in descriptions/comments ;) Such as: "If I win I'll give all of my subscribers X and Y treat!"

Might have some more questions when I have more time to think, we'll see.
" We could also not reveal the names of who made the mixes, and just label the two parts as "Team 1/2" or something like that instead. That way the viewers are more likely to vote on the actual mix and not on the people making them. Though this might be unnecessary if the song/picture choices are enough to tell our identities :P"

Possibly yes there could be people who say im the biggest fan of HFU Nightcore, which are all obviously, that could be a bit unfair. So good idea with writing on the pic Team1 and Team2 and then on strawpoll they can vote for Team1 or Team2. After the voting we should reveal who was the winner with our yt names. Maybe we should also try to explain it to the viewers so that they take it a little more serious? So a FAQ would be good to add in the description or something like that.

"We should agree on no bribes in descriptions/comments ;) Such as: "If I win I'll give all of my subscribers X and Y treat!"

Hahaha Im sure I can totally trust my opponents ;) np . hopefully

"2 weeks should be more than enough as a time limit, and if it's still even at that point we can just extend the duration."

I agree on that one. Wouldnt have the patients to wait more than 2 weeks anyways lol.

"The annotations doesn't have to point them to the description, it can also be a link directly to the strawpoll. Having those links in the description as well is of course also necessary for those viewing on phones/tablets."

For me its important that people see how to vote. So we should work on a description example when we are done with our mixes.

"Can we use audio spectrums or other effects, or does it have to be a static image?"

Yes sure. All video effects are allowed. The only important thing is that it has to be one picture and it has to be different from the other team otherwise there will be problems in identifying who did which mix/part.
thepurenightcore

Post by thepurenightcore » September 16th, 2014, 11:39 am

i would like to join :D
Music, Anime, Games are my life (mostly music and anime)
My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLZw-g ... Ii063eNiBw
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 16th, 2014, 11:40 am

thepurenightcore wrote:i would like to join :D
do your own match up Im already in a match up.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » September 16th, 2014, 11:42 am

Should probably poke Stefan or something I guess...
LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » September 23rd, 2014, 12:21 pm

I would like to join
sorry quotes from me are illegal in other people's signatures sry
Jumpcore thats what the bass is for.
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 23rd, 2014, 12:31 pm

LonelyLittleAngel wrote:I would like to join
as I said this is not an event or once at a time thing its a template everybody can use it for their own match ups. If you want to do a 2vs2 mix find people on your own like I did. Im still doing my 2vs2 mix so I wont join any other yet.