Legalizing weed

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Legalizing weed

Post by RaveComing » December 13th, 2010, 9:30 pm

Discuss here your opinions about legalizing the legal selling and using of weed for usage beyond medical need. Please, don't fall into stereotypes, this is the worst arguement you can use here. Statistics with a cridited source are worth soooo much more than blasting a general group of people w/o any proofs.
Phone
Professor

Re: Legalizing weed

Post by Phone » December 14th, 2010, 12:01 am

Besides medical use, weed should be completely illegal.
By my own standards if you do drugs, you are an IDIOT.

First of all, now days you can never tell what you are really getting. Dealers purposely lace weed with things like COCAINE and METHAMPHETAMINE to get you ADDICTED so you keep going back, and buying MORE.

We had a discussion in class once about weed and how people will sometimes use it when they are bummed out, or nervous for something. Some chick was trying to defend that weed was good for that. Weed doesn't make your problems go away.

If you need to smoke weed to live life and deal with things, you need serious help. Learn to deal with your problems instead of being so pathetic.
Double posting is PROHIBITED.
READ THE RULES.
[/color]
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » December 14th, 2010, 8:22 am

Phone wrote:Learn to deal with your problems instead of being so pathetic.
I often hear "Using chemicals to face your problems is as good as not facing them at all". Or, to quote a friend, "Many people make usage of chemicals to face their problems instead of facing them themselves. It can only lead to the continuance of your problems".

This would, in many situation, be the whole truth. However I think we've already been perojative. Not all people take weed to get away from their problems (boredom included). Many are casual smokers who just like to get into a party mood once in a while, or want to have a higher trip when playing video games and going to the amusement park.

Also, here are a few sentences I often like to use when debating about the virtues and non-virtues of weed compared to alcohol (alcohol being a VERY common beverage as well as being VERY easy to get even when under-aged)

-Marijuana is less toxic than alcohol
-Alcohol is less adictive than marijuana
-Marijuana reduces the risks of a violent behavior, whereas alcohol increases it
-Alcohol is often reported as trigger to a violent crime, whereas marijuana is not
-Furthermore, alcohol is prevalent in cases of sexual violence and rape, whereas marijuana is not even considered as being a worthy factor of sexual violence and rape
-Alcohol raises the risk of a reckless behaviour, whereas marijuana does not

Source: Jack E. Henningfield, PhD for the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

Anyone doubting those arguements may read this goldmine SAFER - Alcohol vs. Marijuana

Now, though I would be in favor of legalizing weed, I would be even morei n favor of having the government control it. As Phone pointed out, dealers may add addictive substance do your drug so that you always want to get more. On the other hand, the government could make sure that the weed which would be accessible to a major part of the population would be as little ofan addiction as possible.
xXMidnightDawnXx

Post by xXMidnightDawnXx » December 14th, 2010, 9:54 pm

people use drinking,food,sex and almost anything u can think to to get away from there problems just calling out weed and it should be illegal coz of it is pointless btw there is nothing wrong with using something to forget your problems its bad when u keep on running and weed is used by so many that it might as well be legal lol but legal weed means less people in jail and legal weed means it will be safer weed since weed can be cut with other drugs and one more thing u can not get addictive to weed u can not overdose on weed u will fall asleep long before u could overdose
ChickenButa

Post by ChickenButa » January 17th, 2011, 5:06 pm

I think Marijuana should not be legalized BUT decriminalized

If you want to learn about the business of Marijuana, there is a legit movie on it
"The Union The Business Behind Getting High"
It is a really good reference

Some facts:

It isnt physically additive
You cant get an overdose of weed, you'll die from smoke first
No one has ever died from the use of marijuana in recorded history
Marijuana isnt a gateway drug

From the post above,
the government could do whatever they want with marijuana if they can control it
will probably put addictive in it because of profits
It will be the same with tobacco, making you want more
Trance & Nightcore FTW
Have to Love the Pelvic Dance! ----------->
Check out my Channel!! v Add Me!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tranc3FL
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » January 18th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Same ^
Last edited by jordesu on October 12th, 2011, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logan

Post by Logan » January 18th, 2011, 1:46 pm

For a long time I have thought about this topic on weather or not it should be legal. My brother is a dealer, and a user. I personally do not smoke, But I don't oppose it either. my dad used to smoke marijuana also. I guess it just runs in my family. Manic Depression runs in our family so maybe it has something to do with that. According to a Documentary I watched, They used hemp to make paper, Which is why they made it illegal also. A lumber mill was losing money so they said a bunch of bad stuff about it and got it illegal. Marijuana is always going to be debated in every election, and anything else. Either you are against it or not. I think it should be legal for use in your own house. This is just my opinion..
Wolfbrother0

Post by Wolfbrother0 » January 18th, 2011, 2:57 pm

RC I looked at that link, I did not see a proper argument in it.

I just looked up Marijuana so I would have an idea what I was talking about, So this is what I think.

Marijuana is a Psychoactive drug a chemical substance that crosses the blood-brain barrier and acts primarily upon the central nervous system where it affects brain function, resulting in changes in perception, mood, consciousness, cognition, and behavior.(Wiki)

That is not a good thing to do to your mind, the how thought that Marijuana is safer then Alcohol Is quite frankly silly,
Alcohol my effect the Judgment part of the brain but only if miss used(I over drinking) the same can not be said of weed.

I belive weed should not only be ilegal it should be baned as a so called "medical " there is nothing medical about it, I have heard why it is used but that is a lode of ****.

I would feel safer with a drunk the with someone under a Psychoactive drug.

And for my sins as a cat lover and a semi madman, the cutest thing ever.
Logan

Post by Logan » January 18th, 2011, 5:14 pm

Well I see what you are saying wolf, but many of my friends are so called "stoners", and they actually function quite well even under the influence of marijuana. I cannot say the same ( from Experience ) with alcohol. One of my best childhood friend is a straight A student who has trouble at home. Although I don't support it as a Get away drug, it helps him with the stress and he can focus better on his schooling.
Dubstep Girl
Dubstep Girl :)

Post by Dubstep Girl » January 19th, 2011, 3:17 am

Wolfbrother0

Post by Wolfbrother0 » January 19th, 2011, 9:29 pm

Logan wrote:Well I see what you are saying wolf, but many of my friends are so called "stoners", and they actually function quite well even under the influence of marijuana. I cannot say the same ( from Experience ) with alcohol.
Thank you Logan, your friends may function well under the influence of marijuana but that does not mean that every one does or would, but if you were to legalize it any one could become under the influence of marjuana(easier then now)
and I do not trust the safty or wisdom of leting anyone alter there mind. try to bear in mind that your experience with alcohol is the same as useing marijuan to get away. marijuan has greater dangers then it is wise to let the general popouis get a hold of, all it would take would be one mistake or acident and you could be facing a vary differnt person then you would usalay face or one person who goes mad and becomes violent. my point is that anything that changes a persons perception, mood, consciousness, cognition, or behavior in such away is unwise, and I know better then most the inportence of a normal mind is and by that I mean someone who has no learning disabilatys.

And for my sins as a cat lover and a semi madman, the cutest thing ever.
TheDevice

Post by TheDevice » October 11th, 2011, 7:09 pm

If anyone thinks that weed should be illegal, then they should also believe that alcohol should be illegal as well; alcohol is actually more dangerous than weed ever has been. The only time it is more dangerous is when something else is added.

Of course, someone can slip a drug into your drink as well, then you're pretty much fucked just the same. People that say "Deal with their problems on their own" are complete tools. Basically they are saying that relieving stress is a weakness. As if they don't have anything to relieve stress, and if THAT is the case, then they have nothing in life. You only worry and feel stress when something is important to you.

Besides all that, if they did legalize weed, the big drug dealers wouldn't make much of a profit off of it, why? Because everyone would grow it themselves. Oh look, crime rate went down because they can't afford to buy as many guns.

Anyone who thinks weed is a drug on par with the rest is ignorant. Meth, Heroin, Coke are all drugs, they are actually made in a lab of some sort. Weed? You just grow it and smoke it. Cigarettes are more dangerous because of the extra trash they add in it. So it affects your mindset? So does music, sex, and everything else in life. Emotions affect your mindset, should emotion be illegal too? Hurp. Durp.

I don't think that the government should control weed because frankly they'd just turn up the taxes like crazy. (Just like everything else!)

Also, Wolf, whoever told you that is a fraud. There is nothing nearly as dangerous in weed than there is in alcohol. Go do some more research.
Raver

Post by Raver » October 11th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Don't legalize anything. Just my opinion.
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
TheDevice

Post by TheDevice » October 11th, 2011, 7:44 pm

Yes, make everything illegal.
RobLucci

Post by RobLucci » October 11th, 2011, 8:26 pm

For me any prohibition is wrong. In fact the more you prohibit something the more the people will follow or do it. So weed has to be legalized but it's not complete. In my opinion the scientist and pharmaceuticals has to work to remove all it's harmful effects that destroys the mind leaving only the effect what people after. And if they succeed the weed can now be sell in the market like and ordinary harmless drug.
"everyone should live their life the guinea pig way!"- Bing the guinea pig
Starshadowx2

Post by Starshadowx2 » October 12th, 2011, 3:30 am

Out of all of the people here saying "ooh, drugs are bad, no do drugs, noooo", How many of you have:

1. Tried weed, or
2. Have friends /family who do it regularly?

I used to be heavily against any type of drug use, I still am against "hard" drugs, such as heroin, methamphetamines, cocaine, those types of things. But my idea of weed/marijuana has changed drastically over this last year, for a few reasons I'm not going to fully indulge you in. I know what it's like first hand to go through "hard times" as do a lot of people, and yes, "runni9ng away" from problems is a bad thing, but you don't have to deal with them as quickly as possible. Sometimes trying new things and expanding your world-view can go a long way.

I don't drink, and I'm not an avid, or even regular drug user, but I can at least understand where some of my friends come from, and how they feel.

I'm not 100% for legalizing marijuana, because of how it could affect younger people, but once you know what you're doing, it's nobodies place to put holds on you. The best way to grow is to learn from mistakes and whatever, try new things, learn who you are inside and out. But keeping weed/marijuana fully illegal causes as many problems anyways, takes up police=peoples time and tax money, and the people who get in trouble for it, usually just go right back after. At least the people in my city do.

You can go and have your opinions, I'm not here to tell you they're wrong or whatever, but you can;t have a true opinion of a matter if you don't know where all sides are coming from, or how someone opposite of you thinks. It's like straight out saying something "sucks" or that you don't like it without ever trying it. Don't take that as me condoning drug use, I condone free rights and the ability for mature people to make their own decisions about their own life.
Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to us, as you cannot arrest an Idea.
  • We Do Not Forgive
    We Do Not Forget
    Anonymous Is Legion
    United As One
    Divided By Zero
    Expect Us
TheDevice

Post by TheDevice » October 12th, 2011, 8:32 am

RobLucci wrote: In my opinion the scientist and pharmaceuticals has to work to remove all it's harmful effects that destroys the mind leaving only the effect what people after.
LOL The funny thing is they don't even do this with the drugs THEY make. Ever seen a list of side-effects for any drug? Go look them up. Lol Prescription drugs are also more harmful than weed.
RobLucci

Post by RobLucci » October 12th, 2011, 8:57 am

TheDevice wrote:
RobLucci wrote: In my opinion the scientist and pharmaceuticals has to work to remove all it's harmful effects that destroys the mind leaving only the effect what people after.
LOL The funny thing is they don't even do this with the drugs THEY make. Ever seen a list of side-effects for any drug? Go look them up. Lol Prescription drugs are also more harmful than weed.
Yes it's true that prescription drugs can be harmful but I think its possible for pharmaceuticals to make it without any side effect but it will become more expensive.
Last edited by RobLucci on October 12th, 2011, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"everyone should live their life the guinea pig way!"- Bing the guinea pig
Raver

Post by Raver » October 12th, 2011, 8:58 am

Scientists must dicover useful things, not work to do drugs better pff.
Nightcored

Post by Nightcored » November 22nd, 2011, 9:11 am

About this whole weed issue, we Dutchmen have completely legalized it, because, to put it simple, it's the users own responsibility. They want to fuck up their brain? Sure, go ahead, as long as you're not a burden to anyone else while doing it. There is also the possibility of putting a tax on it.
Raver

Post by Raver » November 22nd, 2011, 10:27 am

Since a guy Can get crazy and do bad things to ppl, I'm glad it's illegal here, but you Can buy it anywhere...
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » November 22nd, 2011, 12:04 pm

It only makes you do horrible things if your weed is mixed with other potenet chemicals. If the government was to run the buisness, you,d be sure it's pure weed (ie. 100% real mari)

If shits happen, you'll be on the floor first since smoking impeds your cognative receptability as well as your motricity. No harm done, you,re just lying on the floor sleeping/moaning. I smoke weed once in a while, different doses every time depending on how I'm feeling. The worse thing that ever happened to me while smoking was that my throat itched me for hours after I hate too many peppers -.-

I mean really, I can understand some of you guys' fears of taking some mad crack with your weed, just don't be stupid and get your stuff from the right person (ie. A friend or a friend's friend through your friend)
Nightcored

Post by Nightcored » November 22nd, 2011, 4:28 pm

Weed strengthens whatever inner feeling you have while consuming it. Being happy will cause you to laugh a lot and eventually pass out into a fast sleep. Don't smoke while being down, you'll get suicidal ideas.
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » November 22nd, 2011, 9:52 pm

Nightcored wrote:Don't smoke while being down, you'll get suicidal ideas.
I will respectfully disagree with the statement above
Nightcored

Post by Nightcored » November 23rd, 2011, 3:57 am

And please tell us why O.o

Another note, please do not take that part too serious, it is just there to symbolize how it strengthens whatever your mood is at the time of consuming it.
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » November 23rd, 2011, 8:11 am

Nightcored wrote:And please tell us why O.o
RaveComing wrote:I smoke weed once in a while, different doses every time depending on how I'm feeling.

I've been through a lot of stuff. I'm liking that pun
Qoolioz

Post by Qoolioz » December 8th, 2011, 4:16 am

To be honest, I don't care. But i think it should be legal since it helps deal with stress. but i dont know much about marijuana though.
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » December 8th, 2011, 10:09 pm

Weed looks like Japanese maple tree leaves but they are way more friendly
TajiTakeo

Post by TajiTakeo » December 13th, 2011, 4:40 pm

It should be legal!
And i think so because i can not see a reason why we shouldn't make it legal.
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » December 13th, 2011, 8:41 pm

TajiTakeo wrote:It should be legal!
And i think so because i can not see a reason why we shouldn't make it legal.

Gang wars
Health problems (overdose)
It can be costly
Social tensions
Purity (is your dope only dope or dope + crap)
etc. etc.

I am 100% pro weed but I feel like your arguementary is a tad thin