getting mix software

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
LithiumBlues

getting mix software

Post by LithiumBlues » August 2nd, 2015, 10:07 am

hi New Guy so dont know where this falls under. does anyone know a good mix program? im looking too start with trance and then when get that down move too other originals. something that wont crash my hard drive and i can get at a reasonable price. suggestions?
rsslayersr

Re: getting mix software

Post by rsslayersr » August 2nd, 2015, 10:24 am

I've seen people using FL-studio. There are some producers on here that know better, of course.
I'll bump this instead, might attract somebody qualified for this :D
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
Du5kEssence

Re: getting mix software

Post by Du5kEssence » August 11th, 2015, 7:59 pm

Not sure what you mean by a "mix program" but If you mean software to make music you have several options. If you have a small budget I'd try Reaper as it's free, but be warned it's not very user friendly. Fl studio works for some people but isn't as powerful as other DAW's (digital audio workstations). Fl is easy to pick up however. I personally use Ableton Live which is fairly expensive but is very powerful and has loads of great features. Cubase is another good one which can come with many soundcards and audio hardware so you might be able to get a good deal this way. Logic and pro tools are the industry standard but are expensive and mac only. All programs have their good points but I'd research each one before choosing.

If you mean dj mixing software however you have 3 or 4 main options I's say. Either virtual DJ which is easy to pick up and used by many people on this forum. Traktor which is very feature heavy and complicated but you can do a lot with it. Serato is another good piece of software but only works with specific DJ controllers. I find it's best to find a cheap controller which comes with free software which isn't just a demo version and learn that if you're just starting.

Hope this wasn't too lengthy and helps.