Songs/artists/record labels NOT to upload (COPYRIGHT LIST)

Any music-related tutorials can go here.

Re: Songs/artists/record labels NOT to upload (COPYRIGHT LIS

Postby appler » May 8th, 2012, 7:09 pm

They contact the artist for premission/record company to ask if they can use the song, it will require you to pay royalties.

I hate typing on my phone, ill go into more detail after school.
Please read the Rules! and Regulations!
appler
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Postby Kestrel0907 » June 3rd, 2012, 10:52 am

I don't get it...Why the artists are giving copyright strikes to Nightcore uploads since what the uploaders do is just a remix or an edit,and since it's a remix done for free it shouldn't have any problems with the law...
Kestrel0907

Postby NightcoreSlax » October 6th, 2012, 6:33 pm

Warning 1
Nightcore ~ Da Da Da (by Xhensila)
Violation of Supersonic Ltd copyright

I just created my YouTube Nightcore channel and the third video I uploaded was proteted by copyright...
Damn
NightcoreSlax

Postby defendos » November 23rd, 2012, 11:22 am

Hey, i got also copyright claims,

i tried to upload: Nightcore 45 Seconds which is licenced under: Gainworx feat. Toni Fox its from producer: MetrophonicResistanc i guess:P

i tried to upload it twice with different remixes, got 2 strikes of 3 so i keep my hide for a few months :P

hope it helps.
defendos

Postby marcmelo » December 11th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Guys watch out with the song : Pyromania
i got a copyrightclame of the following :
Kobalt Music Publishing
The Harry Fox Agency, Inc. (HFA)
One or more music publishing rights collecting societies
BMG_Rights_Management
Zooland_Music

curently awaiting Disputed
marcmelo
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Postby Melikelyu » May 16th, 2014, 1:52 am

Speaking of artists and labels, here are a few (2) labels that you should avoid uploading Nightcore videos from:
YAWA Recordings - They can't currently send out copyright strikes, but it's showing respect towards them not to.
SonicFlashRecords (subdivision is MetrophonicResistance). I tried to upload a song, without knowing they didn't like it, and when I tried to reason with them, they said some offensive/ignorant stuff, so don't even try.

Artists:
Jens O. - Owner of YAWA, so it's best to keep away. Ti-Mo is also part of YAWA, and doesn't like his songs being uploaded either. Of course, they can't send you a copyright strike, but piss off Jens O., and they'll take action.

That's all I know, for now ^^'.
Melikelyu

Postby emilemil1 » July 31st, 2014, 4:59 am

defendos wrote:i tried to upload: Nightcore 45 Seconds which is licenced under: Gainworx feat. Toni Fox its from producer: MetrophonicResistanc i guess:P

Before I'll do anything else on this from, I'll second this (and the above about Sonic Flash). Metrophonic claimed "Quickdrop - Don't Go Away (OverDrive Division Remix Edit)" after no more than a few days, so stay faaaar away from their releases!

YAWA has been fine for me though, so far.
emilemil1

Postby HKO2006 » August 16th, 2014, 4:11 pm

Streams Nightcore got a strike from Ekowraith- Booming Track, the label is Kontor New Media Music.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
Spoiler: show
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

HKO2006

Postby Nightcure » August 18th, 2014, 4:29 am

hko2006 wrote:Streams Nightcore got a strike from Ekowraith- Booming Track, the label is Kontor New Media Music.

Hmm, haven't heard of Kontor sending out any copyright strikes before.

Seeing how the original was released under YAWA Records, I find it weird how Kontor took action on the video, instead of YAWA (last time I checked, they weren't able to).
I feel the need to leave my world, to discover some other place.

Soon to retire nightcore video maker o/
Nightcure

Postby emilemil1 » August 18th, 2014, 4:48 am

I suspect that they must have done it quite a few times before too, considering that there isn't a single video of Booming Track on YouTube, with the exception of a very shitty cam recording of it being played live.

Very odd indeed.
emilemil1

Postby Nightcure » August 18th, 2014, 8:33 pm

So I decided to do some research on my free time, and judging by the date Booming Track was released in 2008, probably around the time YAWA could take down videos easily (their last reported request was in 2012 according to Google).

While looking into Kontor New Media Music, I saw the they are infamous for claiming songs (even if it's not theirs), but there hasn't been a report on them taking down a video (until now). I did come across something interesting, though. Apparently, Kontor Records (which was last seen trying to take down materials from Google's webiste they believed to be infringing, last year) started up again in July, and they have been requesting MANY links to be taken down, the last one being on August 10th. https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/removals/copyright/owners/35444/Kontor-Records/

This is pretty much what I found while doing some research, it may not be 100% accurate though. I'll find the link I used so you can check it out.

EDIT: It seems like Kontor Records isn't targeting YouTube videos, but sites that offer illegal downloads. I still don't understand why Kontor would send a copyright strike.

Nightcure

Postby emilemil1 » August 18th, 2014, 8:42 pm

Yeah, Kontor Records have claimed quite a few songs that I've uploaded, none of which were theirs. It makes sense in a way, considering YouTube's "labels & artists first, others later" approach to copyright. They probably gain a whole lot of free revenue too for putting ads on the videos they claim.

They don't have anything to lose from it either, not unless they claim something and the uploader actually bothers to go to court about it, which no one probably would since uploading copyrighted music is against YouTube's ToS (and the law) anyway.
emilemil1

Postby Nightcure » March 12th, 2015, 4:45 am

Hmm I was just told to remove a video containing a bootleg of "How You Love Me" by 3LAU feat. Bright Lights since the remixer was dealing with copyright issues with the song. So yeah, try to not upload that song (regardless of the popular videos containing that song)

Label is BLau Entertainment. Has anyone else received a copyright strike from them (or at least notified to remove a video containing their song)?

Eek my friend just received a copyright strike for having the same song in a mix, so might as well share it:
3Lau feat. Bright Lights - How You Love Me (Chudazz Bootleg)

Nightcure

Postby Nightcure » May 21st, 2015, 5:57 am

I know AATW was harsh with their songs a few years back, but has anyone received any recent copyright strikes from them? One notable example is the Clubland tracks. Uploading some of them could've risked your account to be deleted quickly (although seeing how there are so many tracks available via YouTube, I don't know if it was just pure luck to keep your track up or not)

edit: AATW and Clubland Recs are the same as WMG and UMG

Nightcure

Postby Nightcore4eva » November 27th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Damn it! I just nightcored a Deadmau5 song last night (and was happy with the result). Now I'm a tad too nervous to upload it...
Nightcore4eva

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials