A question

For Nightcore discussion in general.
MagicScream

A question

Post by MagicScream » June 23rd, 2013, 5:48 pm

Hey Kestrel,

I stumbled upon this website and I was wondering if it meets our policies.

Link: *link deleted*

This is another nightcore site. Users are able to post nightcore videos and talk about nightcore in the forums, just like here.

They even have their own "What Is Nightcore?" page as well: *link deleted*

Now here's where I'm not sure if this site meets our policies. After reading their "What Is Nightcore?" page and checking out parts of the site, it seems like the site is aware that the original group only used techno/dance songs. However, unlike NU, fake nightcore posted on *link deleted* does not get deleted.

What do you think?
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Re: Unsure of whether your Nightcore songs meet policies?

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » June 23rd, 2013, 5:55 pm

MagicScream wrote:Hey Kestrel,

I stumbled upon this website and I was wondering if it meets our policies.

Link: *link deleted*

This is another nightcore site. Users are able to post nightcore videos and talk about nightcore in the forums, just like here.

They even have their own "What Is Nightcore?" page as well: *link deleted*

Now here's where I'm not sure if this site meets our policies. After reading their "What Is Nightcore?" page and checking out parts of the site, it seems like the site is aware that the original group only used techno/dance songs. However, unlike NU, fake nightcore posted on *link deleted* does not get deleted.

What do you think?
I hate that website... -_-
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » June 23rd, 2013, 7:17 pm

8. Don't advertise other sites in posts or threads; you are free to use your signature for this if you desire as long as it kept to a moderation. No referral links, please.
Want my personal opinion of that website?
I don't really care of it, it has some flaws on Nightcore(the group, not mentioning anywhere that they are active and their Arizona concert) and sometimes i consider it useless, but they are doing a good job, despite my(and others') belief here of what Nightcore really is(wich is what Nightcore truly is imo).
XxEvilLizardxX wrote:I hate that website... -_-
Says the one who has an account on it and advertises it in almost(if not) all of his videos.

Watch out where you're posting and please create a brand new topic, thank you. *moves these posts in a new topic.*
Just some extra stuff:
1.Oh for the love of God if it's due the posting regulations...THIS FORUM ONLY ALLOWS ORIGINAL NIGHTCORED DANCE/TRANCE/TECHNO SONGS, THIS RULE DOESN'T APPLY TO OTHER WEBSITES, THIS RULE WAS MADE DUE TO A COMPLAINT OF A MEMBER STATING OF MEMBERS' LOSING INTEREST OF THE ORIGINAL NIGHTCORE MUSIC(the topic's name is "Something that needs a change here")
2.If you want to join and use that website, fine, I'm not stopping you, but advertising other websites here in posts with the exception of third-party musc/video/information sharing websites(such as youtube, dailymotion, wikipedia, last.fm) is not allowed as i've quoted earlier.

~Cheers, Kes'
Copy_Cat_Master

Re: A question

Post by Copy_Cat_Master » June 23rd, 2013, 8:46 pm

Uhm... can I know what website is it?. Damn, my human curiousity!. Dx
(Click the picture)
Official Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CopyCatMaster01
Copy Cat Master's Twitter: https://twitter.com/CopyCatMaster
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » June 24th, 2013, 3:10 am

Kestrel0907 wrote:
8. Don't advertise other sites in posts or threads; you are free to use your signature for this if you desire as long as it kept to a moderation. No referral links, please.
I don't really care of it, it has some flaws on Nightcore(the group, not mentioning anywhere that they are active and their Arizona concert) and sometimes i consider it useless, but they are doing a good job, despite my(and others') belief here of what Nightcore really is(wich is what Nightcore truly is imo).
Says the one who has an account on it and advertises it in almost(if not) all of his videos.

Watch out where you're posting and please create a brand new topic, thank you. *moves these posts in a new topic.*
Just some extra stuff:
1.Oh for the love of God if it's due the posting regulations...THIS FORUM ONLY ALLOWS ORIGINAL NIGHTCORED DANCE/TRANCE/TECHNO SONGS, THIS RULE DOESN'T APPLY TO OTHER WEBSITES, THIS RULE WAS MADE DUE TO A COMPLAINT OF A MEMBER STATING OF MEMBERS' LOSING INTEREST OF THE ORIGINAL NIGHTCORE MUSIC(the topic's name is "Something that needs a change here")
2.If you want to join and use that website, fine, I'm not stopping you, but advertising other websites here in posts with the exception of third-party musc/video/information sharing websites(such as youtube, dailymotion, wikipedia, last.fm) is not allowed as i've quoted earlier.

~Cheers, Kes'
Kestrel, the owner of the website came to me, asking for advertisement. I stupidly agreed before I even viewed the place. I thought it would be rude not to join, so I made an account and I haven't been on the account since I made it.
So, am I allowed to hate it now?
DDJVector

Post by DDJVector » June 24th, 2013, 5:20 am

Copy_Cat_Master wrote:Uhm... can I know what website is it?. Damn, my human curiousity!. Dx
You know.. I think it's pretty obvious. Ask me in skype if you're still not sure.
XxEvilLizardxX wrote: I hate that website... -_-
Well i like the site and actually using it a lot. I think it's pretty clear that you don't have to advert the website if you don't like it. Nobody is forcing you and especially the guy who runs the site. I don't know where the idea came from. I advertise that site on my channel because i like it and i'm using it. Simple as that.

I will not say public my opinion about Nightcore Universe, it has it's own rules and i respect that. But times are changing and that shows (especially when there's so many youtube accounts making nightcore these days, seems like speeded up song is almost a synonym for nightcore, hence why everyone put that front of the name no matter the genre).

Well i keep supporting NU too but i don't think it's fun to use anymore, not that i dislike forums or the site itself but i don't find it that interesting.

But these are all just my own opinions remember that, have a good day everyone :)
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » June 24th, 2013, 6:00 am

XxEvilLizardxX wrote:
Kestrel0907 wrote:

Just some extra stuff:

~Cheers, Kes'
Kestrel, the owner of the website came to me, asking for advertisement. I stupidly agreed before I even viewed the place. I thought it would be rude not to join, so I made an account and I haven't been on the account since I made it.
So, am I allowed to hate it now?
Fair enough. ;p
Bob Marley

Post by Bob Marley » July 2nd, 2013, 11:41 pm

I think this site would be more fun if we rethink how we view non-techno nightcore.

Yes, the original Nightcore group only used techno and dance songs, but as DDJVector said, times are changing. I think it's time that we become more accepting of how the nightcore fad is expanding to other genres rather than keep condemning the non-techno uploads.

Look at rock music, for example. It evolved from the classic style and voice of Elvis Presley to subgenres such as Electronic Rock, Pop Rock, and Rap Rock.

I believe that nightcore is evolving in a similar manner, from the classic techno speedups of the original duo to its current state. At this point in time, I don't see why we can't have Pop Nightcore or Rap Nightcore.

Now, I read Kitashi's thread, and she argues that calling everything sped up "nightcore" would result in one big giant mess.

Well, I don't completely agree with that. I agree that if you say "I'm listening to music," people would want you to be more specific. However, if you say "I'm listening to rock," people understand what you're listening to. When I say that to people, I don't get questions such as "What kind of rock?" because it's specific enough, and not as ambiguous as the term "music". However, rock is still pretty broad, since there are different types of rock, as mentioned above. Each type of rock has its own unique characteristics, yet they're similar enough to fall under the umbrella term "rock."

Similarly, "nightcore" has become an umbrella term as well. Each type of nightcore has its own distinctions, from the heavy guitar riffs of rock nightcore to the choppy vocals of rap nightcore. However, they all share the same fast speed and high-pitched voices between each other and fall under the umbrella term "nightcore".

As time passes by, new genres of music are being created, and with the creation of these new genres, people are going to nightcore them sooner or later.

All this arguing and fighting shouldn't arise because of which genres should be nightcored, or how nightcoring should be done. There shouldn't be such a thing such as "true nightcore," "fake nightcore," "good nightcore," or "bad nightcore."

If you don't like a certain genre nightcored, that's fine. You nightcore the genres you like, and they can nightcore the genres they like.

Everyone is different. They have different views and methods regarding nightcoring. I think it's about time that we become more accepting of these differences.

I know that posting something like this is risky, and will most likely get me banned or warned, but I think that a post regarding the acceptance of non-techno genres into the "nightcore" realm is important in trying to solve today's nightcore issues, and I thought I'd like to have my say in the matter.

Thank you.
Last edited by Bob Marley on July 3rd, 2013, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zurd

Post by Zurd » July 3rd, 2013, 1:28 am

It is quite risky lol :-)

Whatever type of song you speed up, you can still know it's original genre by just listening to the speed up version so it just makes sense to have a different names like they already do.

Less confusion that way. And let's pick a genre of music you don't like, let's say country, and you really hate it and you stumble upon a speed up version of it and you see it's call nightcore, at that point you're gonna go "wow nightcore is really bad, I'm not going to listen to this crap anymore" but you would be missing out on every other genre like dance, trance, rock, pop and so on.
Spectre_Kite

Post by Spectre_Kite » July 3rd, 2013, 4:54 am

Not to be biased or anything... but Nightcore is what Nightcore is. I've listened to the other genres... and it isn't the same. There is a spectrum of what I expect to see. If I randomly stumbled upon a Nightcore that sounded more like chipmunks than Nightcore, it's a bad Nightcore. If it makes me smile, and get stares in my school hall ways as I spin and enjoy myself, it's a good Nightcore. I can't really spin and dance to rap, or metal or anything else. I listen to Trance AND Nightcore to do these things. People say Trance and Nightcore are the same thing, but that's because the genres are close. They are still different. Times changing isn't a reason to relabel what something is. I've seen the posts fighting for what Nightcore is and isn't, I listened to the original Nightcore every night for half a year, then on and off. Now I listen to Maikel, and AlwaysNightcore. Why? Because they stayed true to the genre. I have only been listening for around two years now, but I still take pride in the music. It isn't like other things I listen to. I went to warp tour, and mosh pits are fun and all, but what would Nightcore trigger? How would the crowd react? Thousands of Nightcore fans in the crowd. No singer? No band? Who cares! I honestly think Nightcore is a genre of music. Every genre has subgenres, and with Nightcore it isn't rap, metal, or country, those are different things all together. Nightcore has Happy, Sad, and Dance. Who knows, there could be many more, but an umbrella can only cover of many before people have to look for shelter elsewhere. You can't stop people from calling what they have Nightcore, but you can sure as hell point their viewers in the right direction. I'm not saying only one style can be Nightcore either. Infact, I'm listening to Synntech's DRVGS Nightcore. It's different. But, imo, not genre hoping. Different is good; so long as it still maintains the feeling. Lyrics? Techno? There is only one thing people should change around here. Everyone argues about what Nightcore is, but we would reach an agreement much faster if we talk about what Nightcore isn't. It's 3 a.m. where I am, and I'm only 16 (which means I started listening when I was 14, but didn't spread the word because I didn't want Nightcore to become something corrupted by younger crowds... which may very well be whats happening right now. Either that, or people who think they understand) I am always here to casually talk about it after this point. If the meaning ever does change, at least I know uploaders will keep what I love alive. Now when do I get to follow some stereotypes for people my age? Being unique is a hassle.
Raver

Post by Raver » July 3rd, 2013, 2:58 pm

I think this site would be more fun if we rethink how we view non-techno nightcore.
Nope.
TOPIC LOCKED
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat