Confused on some things

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Namahage

Confused on some things

Post by Namahage » February 25th, 2014, 8:37 pm

I'm confused on which word is best for describing nightcore. The "What is Nightcore?" thread says that nightcore is best described as a style, but I sometimes hear other members call it a genre. When I see nighcore definitions on other websites, some sites say that it is more of an Internet phenomenon.

Which word would you say is the best one to describe nightcore?

Also, what is the difference between genre, style, and phenomenon?

Thanks.
The media acting as the eyes of the society ought to practice its role with the highest journalistic ethics possible; feeding the society with information of unquestionable source to perpetuate the credibility and the moral obligation bestowed to it.
HKO2006

Re: Confused on some things

Post by HKO2006 » February 25th, 2014, 11:40 pm

I think the confusing part is, nightcore is all three at the same time.

Style: a particular procedure by which something is done(speeding up techno/dance songs); a manner or way(w/o chipmunking)

Genre: a style or category of art (above one), and people also use it as "collective style or category of art"

The YouTube meme, we all know that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=style+meaning
https://www.google.com/search?q=genre+meaning
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

Monster

Re: Confused on some things

Post by Monster » February 26th, 2014, 8:56 pm

I'd say its two things, an artist/musical group who made an album of some mixes, and a style of remixing music based off their album. I wouldn't call it a genre because artists don't produce music and officially recognize it as nightcore, but hopefully in the future maybe some artists will. I also wouldn't necessarily call it a phenomenon either, because even tho it seams very popular, its not as big as the mainstream stuff that gets millions and millions of views overnight, i wish it did tho, that would be cool. A phenomenon is more like something awe inspiring that makes people say "wow" and/or something really popular lost of people know about. If you ask someone off the street if they know nightcore, they will say most likely no.

Sorry this is kinda long I hope it answers your question.
License! Thanks Namahage!