Tips for finding songs to nightcore?

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Watch4FallingRock

Tips for finding songs to nightcore?

Post by Watch4FallingRock » June 15th, 2014, 2:25 pm

Hey, I'm having some trouble finding the perfect songs to nightcore. Do you guys have any advice for this?

Maikel wasn't kidding when he said this is the hardest part. Finding songs has proven difficult for me.
Copy_Cat_Master

Re: Tips for finding songs to nightcore?

Post by Copy_Cat_Master » June 17th, 2014, 4:24 am

Finding a perfect song is really hard. Especially, when you trying to find one. xD

Anyway, just try to find a song from a good Deejay (DJ) like Basshunter or etc.
(Click the picture)
Official Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CopyCatMaster01
Copy Cat Master's Twitter: https://twitter.com/CopyCatMaster
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » June 17th, 2014, 5:12 pm

Check this out, my collection of Artist/DJs that have songs being made into nightcore.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =147500623
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » July 12th, 2014, 4:40 pm

I tried these tips, and they have helped me. Maybe they can help you find songs.

1. Know your EDM genres
Don't assume that any song that sounds electronic is techno, and thus can be nightcored. (Yes, I have encountered people who think that today's electronic-sounding mainstream pop is techno.) Electronic music is a very broad term, and only a few select genres can be nightcored. And even within those genres, one subgenre may be nightcored while another may not. This post provides some useful information and sources.

2. Stock up on artists
One of the secrets of finding a song to nightcore is knowing a lot of artists that fall within the required genres. The more the better. It won't do you much good if you only know one eurodance artist whose songs have all been nightcored thousands of times. Furthermore, when well-known artists release a new song, there seems to be a mad rush to be the first to nightcore it. Thus, it helps to have some more obscure artists at your disposal as well.

3. Be a hipster
If you just stick to well-known sites that cater to Top 40 music, you'll just get the same unnightcorable pop or rap hits, or some well known techno song that's been nightcored a bunch of times already. The original nightcore group nightcored relatively unknown songs, and prominent fanmade nightcore uploaders got far by searching deep into the Internet. So try looking for more obscure sites to do your searching.

Hope these tips helped.
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » July 12th, 2014, 9:48 pm

Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Know Your Meme
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » August 2nd, 2014, 7:47 am

Listen to DI Eurodance/Hands Up for tracks. Or dig out old nightcore/trance channel and remake the songs. And when you find an unknown artists that have been used, search more of their songs in Discogs and iTunes etc. That's how I look for songs.
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Know Your Meme

emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 2nd, 2014, 8:53 am

Following every artist you come across (and their record labels!) on Facebook, SoundCloud and YouTube is a great way to stay up-to-date with the newest releases. You can also look up their discographies on a site like Discogs to find their older tracks (if they have a personal website, check that too!), as well as the artists they have worked with/remixed for.

Finding artists to start out with is quite easy. Just check what other people upload and take it from there.

I'm not sure what the rules are regarding torrent discussion on this forum, so I'll spoiler this part just in case:
Finding older tracks by people who no longer produce is much harder, so to do it you will probably have to download huge personal collections (torrents) and go through them one track at a time. It's a great way to find stuff that no one else has uploaded already, but it's also very time consuming, Be patient :)
If you want to get your hands on newer indie stuff, check websites like SoundCloud, Newgrounds and PROMODJ.

1. Find a track you like over there.
2. Go through all of the users who have commented on, favorited or liked that track.
3. If one of them is a producer of the same style, go through his/her tracks as well.
4. Find one you like. Repeat from step 2.

Soon enough you'll have a decent list!

Also, don't expect to find "perfect songs to Nightcore" all the time. Sometimes they seem like they're everywhere, while at other times you can search for weeks and only find songs that are okay, but nowhere near perfect.
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » August 2nd, 2014, 9:09 am

Part 1a of How to make nightcore, finding songs! Your reply is a good stepping stone for the tutorial.
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Know Your Meme