Nightcore Universe on plug.dj

For Nightcore discussion in general.
HFUNightcore

Nightcore Universe on plug.dj

Post by HFUNightcore » September 10th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Hey guys as the title says I wanted to make the nightcore universe community play there nightcores on plug.dj maybe we become a popular lobby and people will listen to more real nightcore :D

I already made one for us: https://plug.dj/nightcore-universe

I just wonder how to give a specific person the right to play songs. If we dont lock it for everyone else it will contain fakes too. So lets try this together.
emilemil1

Re: Nightcore Universe on plug.dj

Post by emilemil1 » September 10th, 2014, 7:44 pm

The whole point of plug.dj is to let people both listen to and play music together. Rather than restrict DJs to only us, it'd be better to simply moderate through warnings, kicks, skips and bans. Also make it clear in the description which genres are ok vs. not ok, so you have something to point people to when they try to play something bad.

To make NU members stand out, simply make us Resident DJs. If you trust someone enough to manage skips and bans, make them Bouncers.

Those that run the lobby with you can be made Manager or Co-Host.

Rights are given through clicking on people, I think.

---

EDIT - Some comments on stuff:
Only real nightcore allowed if you really want to play fake nightcore then ask me first.
This is not a good description since the terms real and fake nightcore don't exist outside of NU. You need to use words that everyone can understand, such as "only Dance/Trance/Techno allowed", or alternatively a link to a thread on NU, specifically written for plug.dj (that means it needs to be super simple and easy to understand for anyone).
Welcome to the real nightcore community!
Better make it "Welcome to Nightcore Universe!" or at least make it say "a real" or "the best". Otherwise you're indirectly mocking every other community out there for being fake, which is alright as a personal opinion, but not as a public welcome message. It makes us seem like douches.
Last edited by emilemil1 on September 11th, 2014, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » September 10th, 2014, 9:21 pm

I'll be djing every sunday morning.
It will be strictly nightcore selected by me. Requests will be taken but must fit the nightcore rules as well.
sorry quotes from me are illegal in other people's signatures sry
Jumpcore thats what the bass is for.
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 11th, 2014, 5:44 am

emilemil1 wrote:The whole point of plug.dj is to let people both listen to and play music together. Rather than restrict DJs to only us, it'd be better to simply moderate through warnings, kicks, skips and bans. Also make it clear in the description which genres are ok vs. not ok, so you have something to point people to when they try to play something bad.

To make NU members stand out, simply make us Resident DJs. If you trust someone enough to manage skips and bans, make them Bouncers.

Those that run the lobby with you can be made Manager or Co-Host.

Rights are given through clicking on people, I think.

---

EDIT - Some comments on stuff:
Only real nightcore allowed if you really want to play fake nightcore then ask me first.
This is not a good description since the terms real and fake nightcore don't exist outside of NU. You need to use words that everyone can understand, such as "only Dance/Trance/Techno allowed", or alternatively a link to a thread on NU, specifically written for plug.dj (that means it needs to be super simple and easy to understand for anyone).
Welcome to the real nightcore community!
Better make it "Welcome to Nightcore Universe!" or at least make it say "a real" or "the best". Otherwise you're indirectly mocking every other community out there for being fake, which is alright as a personal opinion, but not as a public welcome message. It makes us seem like douches.

thanks emil for your tipps. I was kinda too silly to think of a good description now Im making a right one.
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 11th, 2014, 5:50 am

LonelyLittleAngel wrote:I'll be djing every sunday morning.
It will be strictly nightcore selected by me. Requests will be taken but must fit the nightcore rules as well.
Would be nice if you do that ^^
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » September 11th, 2014, 7:29 am

We need to gather fans before this functions as it should (people listen and share nightcore). There are some nightcore fans in other plug dj rooms, around 1 real nightcore out of 15 songs. We can go to other rooms and play nightcore there to promote and if someone play real nightcore, ask them to come to Nightcore Universe (not the plug dj room yet). After we have a reasonable number of fans, we make this works.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 11th, 2014, 7:34 am

hko2006 wrote:We need to gather fans before this functions as it should (people listen and share nightcore). There are some nightcore fans in other plug dj rooms, around 1 real nightcore out of 15 songs. We can go to other rooms and play nightcore there to promote and if someone play real nightcore, ask them to come to Nightcore Universe (not the plug dj room yet). After we have a reasonable number of fans, we make this works.
Ok but not everybody can search for the fans since 1 have to keep the music on the lobby alive. It sucks that you cant be in 2 lobbys at the same time.

Also the waiting time on bigger lobbys is too long imo and you have to go through the whole ear cancer before finding the real nightcores there. Maybe we still find some people through the chat like we ask them to join our lobby if they want to listen to dancy nightcore songs.
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » September 11th, 2014, 7:53 am

I just keep snoozing/mute, and back sorting channels and wait my song to be played. If you ask them to come once you find them, it may not be good because we have too few people compare to there, they may rather stay there because of the difference in number of audience. So we first introduce them to NU and gather them, then we ask them come to NU first we hit a critical mass that they will be willing to stay.

EDIT, great, we have 5 ppl now, but still need moar
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Know Your Meme
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 11th, 2014, 7:55 am

hko2006 wrote:I just keep snoozing/mute, and back sorting channels and wait my song to be played. If you ask them to come once you find them, it may not be good because we have too few people compare to there, they may rather stay there because of the difference in number of audience. So we first introduce them to NU and gather them, then we ask them come to NU first we hit a critical mass that they will be willing to stay.

I would rather stay in a small lobby than a big since you must not wait ages to get your song played.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » September 11th, 2014, 7:58 am

Also, going into another community and asking them to switch to ours is really douchey. How would you feel if someone came into our community and asked our members to leave in favor of their community?
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 11th, 2014, 7:59 am

emilemil1 wrote:Also, going into another community and asking them to switch to ours is really douchey. How would you feel if someone came into our community and asked our members to leave in favor of their community?
they can be in both where is the problem?
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » September 11th, 2014, 8:00 am

HFU Nightcore wrote:they can be in both where is the problem?
Not at the same time.
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 11th, 2014, 8:02 am

emilemil1 wrote:
HFU Nightcore wrote:they can be in both where is the problem?
Not at the same time.
Well we will find another way to get more members np. I will add the link into the description of my future yt uploads.
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » September 11th, 2014, 8:13 am

HFU Nightcore wrote:
hko2006 wrote:I just keep snoozing/mute, and back sorting channels and wait my song to be played. If you ask them to come once you find them, it may not be good because we have too few people compare to there, they may rather stay there because of the difference in number of audience. So we first introduce them to NU and gather them, then we ask them come to NU first we hit a critical mass that they will be willing to stay.

I would rather stay in a small lobby than a big since you must not wait ages to get your song played.
We first need an audience so all promotion is needed.
emilemil1 wrote:Also, going into another community and asking them to switch to ours is really douchey. How would you feel if someone came into our community and asked our members to leave in favor of their community?
So to avoid being douchey to other lobby, the first step would be ask them to come to NU then redirect them back to plug dj.
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Know Your Meme

HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 11th, 2014, 8:17 am

hko2006 wrote:
HFU Nightcore wrote:

We first need an audience so all promotion is needed.
So to avoid being douchey to other lobby, the first step would be ask them to come to NU then redirect them back to plug dj.

good idea but what should I tell them join NU for what reason?
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » September 11th, 2014, 10:26 am

HFU Nightcore wrote:good idea but what should I tell them join NU for what reason?
You could tell them that you're having a get together to discuss this plug.dj thing and you think it might work if you could gather some attention.

Just don't act like you did a week ago on that other forum :x

I see some future in the bouncer option, since I'm not a producer of any kind, I believe I can see the difference between EDM Nightcore and the ones from other genres.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 11th, 2014, 11:11 am

rsslayersr wrote:
HFU Nightcore wrote:good idea but what should I tell them join NU for what reason?
You could tell them that you're having a get together to discuss this plug.dj thing and you think it might work if you could gather some attention.

Just don't act like you did a week ago on that other forum :x

I see some future in the bouncer option, since I'm not a producer of any kind, I believe I can see the difference between EDM Nightcore and the ones from other genres.
No,no I wont act like on the other forum since there is one difference. The guys on the other forum pissed me off very very hard.

Ok so I tell them the Nightcore Universe community wants to make their own lobby and they need more people to make the get together work.
LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » September 11th, 2014, 11:58 am

I have made my Djing schedule here it is.
Saturdays is an all night Nightcore session Djed by me.
Sundays will be Djed by me in the Morning 9 am EST to 2 PM EST
Weekdays will be 6 P.M. to Midnight EST.
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » September 11th, 2014, 12:09 pm

HFU Nightcore wrote:Ok so I tell them the Nightcore Universe community wants to make their own lobby and they need more people to make the get together work.
If one says he's not interested, leave it at that. There will be other ways to gather attention.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 11th, 2014, 12:26 pm

rsslayersr wrote:
HFU Nightcore wrote:Ok so I tell them the Nightcore Universe community wants to make their own lobby and they need more people to make the get together work.
If one says he's not interested, leave it at that. There will be other ways to gather attention.
thanks for your advice slayer!
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » September 11th, 2014, 12:27 pm

LonelyLittleAngel wrote:I have made my Djing schedule here it is.
Saturdays is an all night Nightcore session Djed by me.
Sundays will be Djed by me in the Morning 9 am EST to 2 PM EST
Weekdays will be 6 P.M. to Midnight EST.
Do you already have a playlist for your djing?
LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » September 11th, 2014, 4:32 pm

Yep