What is angel with a shotgun?

For Nightcore discussion in general.
ShadowCore89

What is angel with a shotgun?

Post by ShadowCore89 » June 23rd, 2015, 1:39 pm

Reading the posts on what nightcore is as a genre I have been led to believe that Angel with a shotgun which is one of if not thee most popular "Nightcore," remix out there does not seem like nightcore to me. So is nightcore just a term used to describe speed edits or what? does nightcore have a side that posts and preaches actual remixes and a side that just speed edits songs, puts a cute anime girl on it, and labels it?

I would like some clarification.
Vitacx97

Re: What is angel with a shotgun?

Post by Vitacx97 » June 23rd, 2015, 1:53 pm

There's numerous threads on here regarding this but to sum them all up, a traditional "nightcore" song is a speed and pitch up of a techno sounding song. The idea being is to replicate that of happy hardcore, a sound that is not commonly made nowadays. "Angel With A Shotgun" doesn't do this, meaning it's not actually a "nightcore" song.

Unfortunately for us, this traditional meaning has been lost over time, and now people think that speeding up any song, regardless of the genre, and slapping anime on it is actually "nightcore".
ShadowCore89

Post by ShadowCore89 » June 23rd, 2015, 2:03 pm

shame, I am guilty of this too as you know and it is a shame that channels that do real nightcore are over shadowed by a Bruno mars or imagine dragons remix.
Vitacx97

Post by Vitacx97 » June 23rd, 2015, 2:10 pm

It is a shame, I agree. Not much can be done about it now, but we'll continue to educate those who bother to listen to us! lol
Nightcore4eva

Post by Nightcore4eva » December 3rd, 2015, 11:19 pm

To be honest, I'm surprised that AWAS has been considered nightcore myself. It isn't even proper techno. This is where the term "Nightcore" has become so "overused", and as it has been stated, you can pretty much speed up any song, stick an anime girl on it and call it nightcore. HOWEVER, there is a "nightcored" version of a Mozart operatic aria which is HILARIOUS. Being both an opera lover and a nightcore lover made me enjoy it :)