Equalization for nightcore

For Nightcore discussion in general.
HKO2006

Equalization for nightcore

Post by HKO2006 » September 18th, 2015, 1:39 am

I have listened to nightcore (and dance music) almost 2 years without messing EQ, I recently found that the Club preset sounds good but I am not sure is it how the songs are supposed to sound. So what EQ you think is good for nightcore and what EQ do you use?
My Club preset looks like
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

emilemil1

Re: Equalization for nightcore

Post by emilemil1 » September 18th, 2015, 6:44 am

I never EQ, but my headphones bass boosts everything a little bit.
HENTAiCORE

Post by HENTAiCORE » September 18th, 2015, 8:36 am

pitchin up means putting the frequencies higher. this means the actual bass will move more in the lower mid and some of the highs will move in annoying or unhearable areas. this means you want to push around 50-100hz a bit and cut and maybe lower at around 20khz. but consider that this is just unprecise theory, just dont push in the mids unless it rly needs it. and also use an eq with customizable bands and maybe a sound visualization for best precision.
My Soundcloud :3
Hardcore Producer and Composer since 2013
Zurd

Post by Zurd » September 18th, 2015, 11:28 am

I use to EQ (Club preset too) until I got a better mp3 player and better headphones. Now I never change anything.
AngelNeko

Post by AngelNeko » January 24th, 2023, 12:52 pm

I basically searched up edm settings and for me it works very well. I also tried your settings which also work but I prefer boosted lows and highs as the nightcores I listen to are originally EDMs. Here an image on Imgur for you to see: https://imgur.com/a/k4yrkWV