DCX - Flames

For Nightcore discussion in general.
joelkalsi

DCX - Flames

Post by joelkalsi » February 9th, 2016, 4:58 am

Bombs away! Got a new tune coming out to stores on Friday! But being a dubstep track (or brostep?), I'm weighing in a bit how much pitch should it have as a nightcore version, what do you guys think? What do you think about the track in overall? It's available on Soundcloud as a download for the first 100 downloaders :
https://soundcloud.com/dcxmusic/dcx-flames
emilemil1

Re: DCX - Flames

Post by emilemil1 » February 14th, 2016, 4:02 pm

Well.

1. I generally dislike whatever-step music, so I can't really give any feedback. It all sounds bad to me, sped up or not ;)
2. By the original definition, sped-up dubstep can't be Nightcore because the original group never touched that genre. Just wanted to point that out, since it's this definition we go by on this forum. That's why I think you'd have better luck getting feedback here with more traditional trance-ish/eurodance-ish tracks ^^
Zurd

Post by Zurd » February 14th, 2016, 4:05 pm

Awesome track from an awesome dj!!

As emil pointed out, if you ever speed it up, it won't be a Nightcore song, however you can call it Nightstep, it's a popular term that many people use. It helps to differentiate the style.
joelkalsi

Post by joelkalsi » March 11th, 2016, 3:47 am

Thanks for the input guys :) 'Nightstep' would actually be the right term, gotta fix that on our Youtube. Went with a bit lower pitch of 16% (two semitones) this time, although it feels it lacks the massivity of the original. But maybe the ones who dig nightstep will find it cool. I do like the original better though :)

Thanks for the track feedback Zurd :)