Nightcore audio quality

For Nightcore discussion in general.
m0k4

Nightcore audio quality

Post by m0k4 » February 11th, 2016, 8:01 am

hello, i'm new, i joined this board to ask one question: there are any chances to have nightcore music in FLAC or at least.... 320kbps Mp3?

i really love happy hardcore sound, so when i find nightcore i loved it immediately, but i love equally a good sounding stuff and i'm not happy with youtube audio quality itself ( highest hd versions have a maximum of 192kbps) and when downloaded i really can't deal with the resultant quality... convert a lossy format to another lossy format (that happens when a track is downloaded from youtube) make the quality really bad :(
emilemil1

Re: Nightcore audio quality

Post by emilemil1 » February 11th, 2016, 8:41 am

The three qualities on YouTube are:
-256 kbps AAC (older videos, only through third party software)
-192 kbps AAC (older videos)
-160 kbps Opus (newer videos)

I find both of the former to be acceptable, at least if the uploader used a matching or higher quality source file when making the video. That is rarely the case though, most uploaders are quite bad at the whole audio quality business :)

If you want better quality you have two options.
1. Ask the uploader for the file, if he/she still has it around.
2. Acquire the original song and replicate the Nightcore yourself. (recommended)

Note that a lot of inexperienced uploaders won't use 320kbps mp3s (or equivalent) when making their Nightcore, but instead audio from a YouTube video. This obviously leads to pretty bad quality regardless of whether or not they send you a FLAC file :P That's why I recommend just replicating it yourself.
m0k4

Post by m0k4 » February 11th, 2016, 9:14 am

i'm lurking at the tutorials on this board at this moment, remake all my favorites nightcore tracks myself is a lot of work but i really need FLACs ... so i think i'm going this way. thnaks ;)
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » February 11th, 2016, 9:27 am

Finding the originals in FLAC is an achievement in itself. Good luck :)
m0k4

Post by m0k4 » February 11th, 2016, 9:35 am

for most of my favorites i already have the original flacs.... for some the 24bit 96khz version :D now i have to learn how to nightcorize and find the time to do it XD
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » February 11th, 2016, 9:37 am

I think you'll find it super easy, because it is!