Is EDM dead/dying?

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Nightcore4eva

Is EDM dead/dying?

Post by Nightcore4eva » February 24th, 2016, 1:15 am

All we seem to hear in nightclubs is either dubstep, electro house and trap- personally I think that house has practically ruined EDM (that's just my opinion though). What do you think?
Vitacx97

Re: Is EDM dead/dying?

Post by Vitacx97 » February 24th, 2016, 2:55 am

Considering house is literally the definition of EDM and has been around since the 1980s, I disagree. Nothing is "ruining" EDM, styles and trends just change over the years.

House has so many subgenres, and while I'm not that keen on electro house, I adore progressive and normal house. Here's two great house songs that I absolutely love.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » February 24th, 2016, 10:38 am

The definition of EDM is Electronic Dance Music, it was american media that started using it to refer to specifically electro house (since that was what clubs played there when the term got popular). /nitpick

Anyway, this is just a generation shift. Trance and its derivatives used to be big, now it's house, next it'll be something else. The old generation always thinks that the newer generation listens to shitty music, that's just how it's always been.
toptrancemaster

Post by toptrancemaster » February 24th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Ye wonder what kind of sub gerne will be over 5 years
Just listen if you dont listen you dont feel if you dont feel you not
enjoy anyways i dont know why i write it. ^_^

Anyways
Dj East Wolf Dats me :P
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » February 24th, 2016, 4:31 pm

The terms "EDM" and "electronic dance music" are very broad terms that cover a lot of genres. I would say that EDM is not dying as a whole, but as one genre is declining, another one is growing.

It's like what Emile is pointing out. For example, trance is on the decline while house and trap are trending upwards.
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(