Be kind please... 1st try

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Dynial

Be kind please... 1st try

Post by Dynial » April 4th, 2016, 4:03 am

I have never made/uploaded a nightcore song or video.

This is my first try. I genuinely want feedback from people who like the same type of music as me.

This is my first try... = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeZ7TUBT4jA
emilemil1

Re: Be kind please... 1st try

Post by emilemil1 » April 4th, 2016, 7:28 am

Feedbackz

Video:
The text FX is a little much, feels almost like a demo for transition presets :P I think it would be better if it was a little less in your face, more toned down. Also, you might want to try some color/transparency/shadows for the text, since pure white feels very out of place together with the dark image.

Audio:
The Nightcore itself seems to be done well, but the audio quality of the video is pretty poor. I'm fairly sure that your render settings for audio are off, they should be set to 44.1 kHz with the bit rate as close to 320 kbps as possible.

Also, the song ends very abruptly, sounds like it's just been cut off. What's up with that?

Description:
You want to include the full song info somewhere, which is typically done in the form: "George Acosta feat. Truth - Mellodrama (Gareth Emery Remix)"
Dynial

Post by Dynial » April 5th, 2016, 7:20 am

I will revise. Tried to use text animation to communicate emotion.. don't claim to be an expert lol.==

Audio was ended to keep with most nightcores I appreciate which are 2:30-4:00. Original song was over 6. I will revise with a proper outro.

TY :D

Anything else anybody can think of; I will try to learn...
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » April 5th, 2016, 8:11 am

Animating the text can be nice, but try to just use a few effects, and make those look really good. It gets messy otherwise.

If you want to end the song quicker, the easy way is to find a good place to do a fade out, that's at least less abrupt than a sudden cutoff.
Tranceformer

Post by Tranceformer » April 5th, 2016, 3:19 pm

First I really like how you edited the Track to Nightcore. ^^
I am glad to see someone else editing trance Tracks. x3
But now some tips:
What emile said the video has an overload with text and animation it flashes too much. a bit more decent would be better.
I am fine with the audio quality, I think normal people who don't go deeper in music editing or or which don't play instruments wouldn't even recognize the difference between 48 kHz and 44.1 kHz.
The way you editet the audio file is good too. You got the way perfectly between tempo and pitch for this track.
But I also have to say you should better watch out that the audio isn't cut like in the end of the video.
my reactrion was like this when I recognized this:
"Wah! Where the hell is the music going!" *looket on the YT-page --> end of the video and the track was cut.
but this is something what can be fixed easily.

Yeah this was all from me but another thing in the end:
It really takes very long to get popular on youtube, if you Upload high quality videos, and if you don't want to go on the ecchi track. But if you wan't some support ask here in the community. Most of the people here will help you. The chat is the best way to star something and then make a thread.

I hope you will stay with us and I wish you very good luck for your channel.
I have subbed and I will stay tuned. ^^
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » April 5th, 2016, 4:05 pm

The problem with setting a 48 kHz bitrate when the file is 44.1 is that YouTube does some strange things to the file when that happens. You lose all frequencies above 15kHz, they just get chopped off (normally it goes up to 22 kHz). It's not something you notice unless you've learned to listen for it (since most people are used to music on YouTube sounding pretty bad), but if you were to compare the two side by side, it's obvious that the one with proper settings sounds much better and clearer.

Anyway, it's a simple fix that takes like 10 seconds to do, so it's worth it :)
Dynial

Post by Dynial » April 5th, 2016, 11:19 pm

Thank you both for amazing feedback. I am reworking it. Thank you for helping me learn :D

I tend to be a bit of an audiophile so most things make for myself are 48. Thank you for telling me it causes issues. I'm re-rendering it.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » April 8th, 2016, 3:04 am

I believe 48 won't be "corrupted" IF your audio file is in 48 as well. So basically you let the sample rate of the nightcored track dictate what's used through the rest of the process. Though YT will compress it to 44.1 either way once you upload, so there's not much point to going higher :P
Dynial

Post by Dynial » April 9th, 2016, 2:47 am

I have been reworking text and audio. I personally love this song and want to do it justice nightcore as I've fallen in love with the genre.

I greatly appreciate the advice! <3 you all!

I have to work with pre-rendered files when editing... is very slow ><... my laptop takes a bit to complete ><
Dynial

Post by Dynial » April 11th, 2016, 9:25 pm

I'm rendering a more complete version... I hate to go over 4m... but based on feedback... I also tried to subdue animations and still have them convey emotions. My little lappy is taking a bit to render it :/
Dynial

Post by Dynial » April 11th, 2016, 10:28 pm

Zurd

Post by Zurd » April 11th, 2016, 11:28 pm

A bit too trancy and slow for what I like to put on www.di.fm/nightcore but its real good Nigthcore nonetheless :)
Dynial

Post by Dynial » April 12th, 2016, 6:41 am

I guess I should post this here, ty for patience :D

This is my second attempt at a song. I hope I learned something from feedback :)

https://youtu.be/ePYWgS2JWnA
Tranceformer

Post by Tranceformer » April 12th, 2016, 2:05 pm

First the ReWork of Melodrama went very well. I really like it. ^^
But now to your second track:
This track doesn't fills the criterias for Nightcore we use for our definition in our community.
We try to get close to the original Nightcore by the "DJ-Project Nightcore", who used trance tracks for their speed edits.
This is what we understand under Nightcore. In our definition Nightcore are Speed-Edits of Trance/Hands Up/Hardcore tracks and also some special tracks from special House Genres. But more important is that they sound like Happy Hardcore and close to the originals. here we have a happy (mostly female) voice and also a BPM from about 160-200.

In your edit you used a Pop? or Rock? (maybe it is Soul or something ...). And i also think that this umm special male voice doesn't sound pitched very pleasant to my ears.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » April 12th, 2016, 5:38 pm

I'll stick to the technicalities.

Text is better, but I still firmly believe that you are using way too many different effects, it gets messy and confusing when you use a new one for every single sentence, especially those that throw the text across the screen or make it shake violently. It also takes away from the impact such effects would have if you were to use a single more subtle one for most of the lyrics.

I can't check audio quality because it seems like your new uploads haven't finished processing yet (it's usually very slow for small channels).

Lastly, I like the image :)
Dynial

Post by Dynial » April 14th, 2016, 7:29 am

Tranceformer, I tried to stick with a trans-ish vibe and keep the beat very progressive-trancy. The song is by Massive Attack, tried to edit song to make it more trancy.

Can you help me understand where the boundary lies? I think "Melodrama" is techno whereas "Man next door" is trance?
Tranceformer

Post by Tranceformer » April 14th, 2016, 9:44 am

Okay so "Mellodrama" is progressive Trance and "Man Next Door" is Grunge (listened to the origial Track of it)

Trance is a EDM-style with significant silent and high-energetic parts in the Tracks.
Trance always uses a 4/4 Beatline.
Trance tracks are in the complete versions (Mixes) very long tracks wich have a long build up and long regression.
At the beginning they mostly use only one or two instruments and after eight 4/4 beats another instrument joins to the beat.
Example:
0:00-0:13
Here is only a Kick and a bassline.
Then a silent swoosh joins.
Another 32 beats later the so-called sequence joins. 0:26
The seqence is a long holded synthesizer which is always cut.
If this synthesizer hits every 1/16 of a quarter and is as bass melody more in the background in the track we call it sequence.
This heads on till a drop. Sometimes there are Hi-Hats or something gets more significant like the swoosh in this example track. and also the order of these steps could be different.
Yeah but now back to the example track we have here:
At 0:54 we have a little drop and one of the melody giving synthesizers joins. Also we have now a Snare on every second quarter.
At 1:22 (64 beats later) The voice of the singer joins. This is mostly where the main part of the track is beginning if you listen to Vocal Trance.
32 (1:35) beats later the Beat drops in and another 32 beats (1:49) later the another synth begins.
Then we have a litte build up again.
(2:17) vocals again
2:45 main synth is starting
3:41 important drop (this is significant for trance now a very silent and relaxing part starts)
4:30 track starts to get more power and louder again
4:50 main melody and more build up
6:31 regression of the track starts

What I wrote here is more about gerneral to trance. It may always vary but here are some more examples and you will hear what I mean.

P.S.: I am no native speaker of the english language so it was very hard for me to explain Trance here.
If someone could do it better I would be pleased if he or she does. ^^
Ohh and if there are some mistakes or something taht could bea added i would be pleased too.

If you have another questions I am standing ready. ^^
Last edited by Tranceformer on April 14th, 2016, 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » April 14th, 2016, 10:14 am

Trance is a general term for a bunch of subgenres (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_trance_genres). Search on YT for those genres and listen for yourself.

That's the best way I can explain Trance, or any genre for that matter ^^ Explaining music in words is nearly impossible.
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » April 14th, 2016, 11:13 am

More trance
M-Diva - Reachin' Out (Original Club Mix)

Nightcore - Reaching Out

DJ Luka - I Found Peace - Original Mix

Nightcore - I Found Peace

for Anime fans
AIR OP 鳥の詩/Tori no Uta/Bird's Poem/Bird's song

Air - End of Summer (Crossfade Demo) [Trance]

A super rare hard trance
Xinetd D - Freedom

Even more trance but not for nightcore
Goa trance
Juno Reactor vs. Don Davis. - Navras

Acid trance
Kai Tracid - TRANCE AND ACID

Baldr Bullet Equilibrium - Battle (a good pumping acid trance if you can ignore the gun fire & alert sound effects)
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

Dynial

Post by Dynial » April 18th, 2016, 3:01 am

I've been afraid to share this... not quite sure it fits 100% with genre...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFK7hhfS2VU

I just hope people enjoy it.
Vitacx97

Post by Vitacx97 » April 18th, 2016, 4:46 am

Dynial wrote:I've been afraid to share this... not quite sure it fits 100% with genre...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFK7hhfS2VU

I just hope people enjoy it.
Wrong genre, but I like what you do with the lyrics. :)
Dynial

Return to trance/techno

Post by Dynial » April 24th, 2016, 4:30 am

I hope I did the song justice...

https://youtu.be/rFBFKoifmS4
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » April 24th, 2016, 9:01 am

Nice! :) Much better balance on the text effects, and I like the song. The "even when you are alone" part is great, where the "alone" has a shadow and rises, makes for good emphasis.

But... why is the image so tiny? I vaguely see some blue stuff around it as well, not sure what's going on.
Dynial

Post by Dynial » April 29th, 2016, 2:18 am

I worked on all videos in 1080p... what is small can you explain?

This song has been done.... But one version inspired me....

Thenakriin gave me blessing to play with their interpretation of Sun is up.
Narkrrin, thank you for letting me, and for forwarding links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fea2Ga1tDHQ
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » April 29th, 2016, 12:06 pm

The image in the video (previous one) is tiny, it doesn't fill up the entire video player, there are black bars all around it. And the video is in 1440p, not 1080p :)
Dynial

Post by Dynial » April 30th, 2016, 2:27 am

This if my first collaborative work. I've worked with The Nakriin for song and pictures. Only posted once had their blessing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fea2Ga1tDHQ

Hope people like it.
Dynial

Post by Dynial » May 7th, 2016, 7:50 am

I've tried a different approach. It's text free for now. But hopefully they are entertaining enough without text to stand on their own.

I've been working on a trio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejv5Dzk3ISc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ61Pu2VN_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U75zulL4m14
Dynial

Updating

Post by Dynial » June 10th, 2016, 8:53 am

Using what I've learned, here is a new video. I consider it complete unless somebody points out some glaring oversight.

This is a return to the basics of Nightcore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDGFPiCoGn0
Dynial

Post by Dynial » September 14th, 2016, 11:52 pm

This is a return to the basics. Feedback is awesome, think some things may have been too dark...

Thinking of adding lyrics...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2irhR6jimw

thoughts?
Dynial

Took down and remade last video

Post by Dynial » September 18th, 2016, 7:47 pm

This should be a return to all that is Nightcore with lyrics ^_^

Hope people like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf6Kgj5EGyE