My first Nightcore Mix

Listen to the best of Nightcore!
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Read This First

If your channel doesn't fit the requirements, post it in User Uploads
Cubedout

My first Nightcore Mix

Post by Cubedout » August 29th, 2014, 11:11 am

Hi guys, I'm kinda new to the world of Nightcore. I've been a UK Hardcore and Trance DJ for about 6 years now, so I had a lot of fun recording this mix.

I took a lot of influence from the HandzUpNightcore channel on which tunes I chose to mix and nightcore up. At least I knew they could be nightcored :) I did most of my nightcoring in FL Studio so as to know what BPM I would end up, getting them to a speed (175) that I could safely mix them into Hardcore If I wanted to at another time. I then mixed them at 180bpm (same as i mix hardcore)

I hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ersvfCB3ga8
HKO2006

Re: My first Nightcore Mix

Post by HKO2006 » August 29th, 2014, 11:19 am

Great! 'I took a lot of influence from the HandzUpNightcore channel'
Nice mix, listening right now.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 29th, 2014, 11:29 am

Very nice mixing! Good songs too ;)

My one and only complaint is that the audio quality seems a little, uhh, "wobbly" I guess is the word I'd use. Not sure if it's bitrate or the method of speed-up, but there's definitely something there.
Cubedout

Post by Cubedout » August 29th, 2014, 11:51 am

As to the audio quality, I actually noticed that myself but wasn't quite sure if it was my pc :/ It sounded pristine in my monitors but once it was on the pc. Couldn't decide if my ears were just tired or not :( However its on Mixcloud too, if it sounds any better there, there is a link in the description.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 29th, 2014, 11:56 am

I'll make sure to check it out as soon as I get back home to my PC :)
Cubedout

Post by Cubedout » August 29th, 2014, 11:57 am

Awesome, It's kinda annoying that It's come out like that but hopefully the next one will be better :)
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 29th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Checked out the mixcloud version, which sounds much better. There's still some issues in a few places, but overall it's in much better quality. I will download a 256 kbps version from YouTube to see if there's anything funny going on...

Ok, here is a side-by-side comparison of your mix and one I recently did, both downloaded from YouTube in 256 kbps:
Your mix (the top one) has an oddly jagged spectrogram, and it shows barely any activity at all above 18k. Perhaps there's something wrong with your export/rendering settings somewhere?
Cubedout

Post by Cubedout » August 30th, 2014, 3:52 am

Hmm possibly, I'm going to have to investigate a little more for the next one. '
Cubedout

Post by Cubedout » August 30th, 2014, 3:57 am

Hmm seems to be set right in Premiere. Who knows :/ don't recall having this issue with previous mixes.
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » August 30th, 2014, 8:41 am

YouTube compress audio to a max of 192 kbps (ideally) but it seems it has overkilled this one. Maybe you should add an annotation to remind the viewers to check the one on mixcloud for the best quality.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 30th, 2014, 10:33 am

Mixcloud compresses to 192 for streaming too, and the screenshot is from the 256kbps internal copy on YouTube, which should be indistinguishable from a 320kbps mp3. Either way, the "blockyness" of the spectrogram wouldn't be reduced by a lower bitrate. In fact, lower bitrates tend to make it more blocky and less jagged, since higher bitrates can preserve a higher frequency range.

I'd be curious to see how the file looks/sounds straight out of FL Srudio.
Cubedout

Post by Cubedout » August 30th, 2014, 11:32 am

FL Studio was only used for the nightcoring of the individual tracks, the main file was done with Serato and my Pioneer dj controller
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 30th, 2014, 11:36 am

Ah, well, I guess you could just take a single track through the entire process and see when its spectrogram ends up all compressed, jagged and weird.