Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Read This First

If your channel doesn't fit the requirements, post it in User Uploads
3ijtKwijt

DutchNightcored review?

Post by 3ijtKwijt » January 7th, 2015, 3:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been busy with nightcore and AE templates
and I was wanting to ask you guys/girls what you think about my songs, vids, ect?
My Channel (DutchNightcored)

Thanks alot! :)
Sinceraly!
emilemil1

Re: DutchNightcored review?

Post by emilemil1 » January 8th, 2015, 3:08 am

Welcome to NU! ^^

Video:
  • Pretty good effects. Some polish is needed in various places, but overall you're on a good track. For starters I'd consider making the spectrums slightly less responsive, since right now they're a bit jerky.
  • I don't know if this is because of a filter, but it seems like you're not rendering at a high enough bitrate. Everything is kinda blurry and I see a lot of blocks when the flashing effect starts to kick in.
  • The audio quality seems to sort of all over the place, sometimes good and sometimes horrible. Don't know if this is due to your source files, method of speeding up, or video render settings, but it's something worth looking into.
Song:
  • You've been fooled by the increasingly common misconception that any song/genre sped up will count as Nightcore, which is in fact not the case. Fan made Nightcore is defined as a mimicry of the original Nightcore group (http://nightcore.net/), which means that the songs must not only be sped up, but also be of roughly the same genre as the originals (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 553EB99A95). Using "Nightcore" to describe speed ups of other genres is considered a misuse of the term.
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » January 8th, 2015, 5:22 am

That said, it's not that you're not allowed to like them, and you probably do, otherwise you hadn't uploaded them. It's just that we draw a line between what sounds like Nightcore and what doesn't. You have some uploads that can be called Nightcore, and if you make more, I would suggest posting them on here for sure :D

But there is a rule in place that says we only allow promotion of the Nightcore from our definition.

Your channel seems quite fine. Banner is not in my taste, but taste can differ.
Good luck with your channel
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
3ijtKwijt

Post by 3ijtKwijt » January 8th, 2015, 10:41 am

Hello,

And thanks alot!
Yeah about the banner, I still hadn't the time to make one myself :(