Nightcast

Listen to the best of Nightcore!
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Read This First

If your channel doesn't fit the requirements, post it in User Uploads
Nightcast

Nightcast

Post by Nightcast » March 1st, 2015, 11:44 am

Hello everyone, I started making Nightcore videos recently and am looking to place myself in a constructive community. That being said anything I post related to my content is up for criticism! :)

I appreciate your time for checking out this post and a link to my YouTube and Soundcloud are listed below:

YouTube: http://bit.ly/1DMRJVT
Soundcloud: http://bit.ly/1FKBjdZ

If you have any questions for me feel free to post them here and I will get back to them as soon as possible :D
rsslayersr

Re: Nightcast

Post by rsslayersr » March 1st, 2015, 2:10 pm

I'm fairly sure Nightcore isn't supposed to give you a laid back feeling.

Nightcore is a Dance/Trance/Techno thing, so it's weird to do it with songs not from that sound spectrum. Most importantly, the upload has to feel close to the original Nightcore songs too if you want to lable them as Nightcore.

Why Nightcore shouldn't be from other genres
What is Nightcore?
or just check KnowYourMeme

http://www.di.fm/nightcore This radio station might give you a good indication to what Nightcore sounds like.
I hope this helped you out~

You could try to find out how other channels on youtube sound though.
Maikel's Channel
HandzUp's Channel
NInjaah's Channel
Inari's Channel
Emile's Channel
Vitacx's Channel
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
Nightcast

Post by Nightcast » March 1st, 2015, 3:36 pm

I see what you mean. I guess I have been exposed to the "new" nightcore that I read about on this forum earlier (what people label as nightcore just because it's sped up.) The community I have been hanging around with for the past few weeks pretty much makes it out of any song sounds good. That being said, you claimed my songs were too laid back, so do you know of any label that would fit them?
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » March 1st, 2015, 4:13 pm

I'm not into a position really to do that, since those were not my creations. Laid back comes from your 'about' channel page, so I guessed you were going for laid back yourself.

Nightcore and the core-prefix comes from hardcore, which means core is a bit out of the park with what you upload.
However, many people have been trying to fix the whole fake or new Nightcore lable problem.
Something like Nightcore - Songs Name [Genre] helps with defining what you uploading and helps us not clicking on it with wrong expectations.

There's not much wrong with liking sped up music from all sorts of different genres, but Nightcore is quite specific and it has been used rather unspecific. This [Genre] seems like the best way to solve it.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
Nightcast

Post by Nightcast » March 1st, 2015, 4:23 pm

Alrighty thanks for the feedback :) it's much appreciated!
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » March 1st, 2015, 4:28 pm

You have something dragging down your audio quality, and I'm going to go ahead and guess that it's because After Effects is set to render audio in 48kHz (it's supposed to be 44.1kHz).

Was I spot on?
Nightcast

Post by Nightcast » March 1st, 2015, 10:10 pm

Nope, I don't render the audio in After Effects. The only audio related thing I do in after effects is for the audio spectrum. I combine the video rendered through AE6 and the mp3 and render them through Camtasia 8. Camtasia doesn't have the option for kHz from what I recall. From what I am seeing, they use kbps which I am at 128kbps.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » March 1st, 2015, 11:03 pm

Every video editing software I've seen have had a kHz option (sample rate), usually set to 48kHz as a default. Even the most basic program like Movie Maker has it.

Anyway, 128 kbps is really quite bad. YouTube transcodes to 256 kbps, so at least match that. Everyone with a decent pair of headphones will thank you for it :)
Nightcast

Post by Nightcast » March 2nd, 2015, 10:07 am

Alrighty thanks for the advice :)