Geometry Wars

Anything about video games
Dubstep Girl
Dubstep Girl :)

Geometry Wars

Post by Dubstep Girl » June 16th, 2010, 2:17 am

Does anyone play this game?

Its a small shoot-em-up arcade game you download from the xbox live marketplace for around 800MS points

theres the first one (geometry wars evolved) and the newer and funner one (geometry wars evolved 2)

anyways

on GW1, you basically only have 1 level or game mode and you just try and last as long as possible while scoring as many points as possible. the achievements are quite plain and i feel that its not worth it.

however, the 2nd one has 6 game modes each of which offers its own challenge and difficulty.

Evolved: basic game mode: my high score 11,000,000
Deadline: 3 minute evolved: my high score 3,200,000
King: you can only shoot while inside bubbles which eventually disappear: my high score 3,500,000
Waves: originally released with PGR4 as a bonus, survive waves of jets which spawn faster and faster : my high score 6,000,000 this is a very hard game mode and near impossible to last for longer than 45 seconds!
a video of a pro can be found here this is one of the best scores there is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Er7YmQE ... re=related
Pacifist: my favorite game mode, basically run thru exploding gates to kill your enemies which never stop spawning! : my high score, 146,000,000
Sequence: also a hard game mode, survive 20 difficult waves of enemies while racking up a high score, my high 30,000,000

who has or has played this game and absolutely love it? feel free to post ur high scores too.
fredstyras

Re: Geometry Wars

Post by fredstyras » June 18th, 2010, 3:49 am

An Xbox Live Arcade game (built for the Xbox 360 system), also part of PGR3. Blast away at enemies with 360 degrees of movement and targetting (via the dual stick control set-up on the Xbox pad) in this throwback shooter game. Return to the farthest reaches of the galaxy, where hordes of evil, neon shapes await! Green squares evade your fire; purple ones divide into smaller clones. Snake-like lines leave behind a venomous trail, and red circles morph into black holes. Conserve your bombs—they destroy all enemies, but quantities are limited.
Dubstep Girl
Dubstep Girl :)

Re: Geometry Wars

Post by Dubstep Girl » June 19th, 2010, 5:43 am

basically....

very fun game just broke all my high scores overnight...

10 million deadline anyone?