Nintendo going downhill?

Anything about video games
Gareth Dent

Nintendo going downhill?

Post by Gareth Dent » August 23rd, 2010, 11:24 pm

I know its been discussed but i'd like to hear your thoughts, bottom line to this speech is

Do you think nintendo is going downhill with their casual gaming?

Personally, i think yes. The fact they cling onto nostaliga value for a selling point is getting old now but the problem is people will continue to buy it. Especially the newer casual gamers who didnt play the originals. I'm not putting down the remakes like Super Mario Bros Wii etc, but common? Their has got to be over 20+ Offical Mario Bros remakes and ports by Nintendo by now, Their problem is with their console. It consists of novilty value. You take a look at all three you see one has motion controllers and you think this one HAS to be the better thing its so state of the art! After about 10 minutes on the damn thing either your arms are tired or you think wtf this isnt gaming like i remember. What happend to just sitting on a sofa and killing a few brain cells for a few hours?

Mario series on a whole is being brought down with the wii. I know mario isnt a shooter kind of person, but a bit of online and i mean (Decent) online to the wii would probly help its chances alot. I don't know if you guys ever heard of Team Fortress 2, but a game similar to that with nintendo characters i don't think would be too bad. They need to start thinking Next-Gen and not trying to revoulnise the market like they used too. Remember the old saying? Get N or get out. It's backwards now, Get in with sony and xbox or get out with your party console. Because thats all i use my wii for, drunken partys. (I love wario ware drunk)

/rant

Lol, sorry.

Gareth Dent.
Greedy

Re: Nintendo going downhill?

Post by Greedy » October 2nd, 2010, 8:30 pm

I have to say i agree, nintendo is going downhill. Though their having a new console named Wii Mk 2 which isnt motion controll and with that theirs all new mario, zelda, donkey kong. I think that could if dont right could be pretty win.
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » October 3rd, 2010, 3:20 pm

Wii Mk 2?
Never heard of that one.

But like you say, Wii's are good for parties, and even still they're whack.
Nintendo should crank out another console.
Grizz

Post by Grizz » October 6th, 2010, 10:31 am

well I never really played wii or other nintendo consoles but I`m sure that it`s going downhill.
Not only Nintendo all the others aren`t much better.
It`s really hard to find a good video game with all that casual games out there -.-
ChickenButa

Post by ChickenButa » October 10th, 2010, 5:03 pm

I agree with Grizz
It is hard
but yes Nintendo is going downhill, the only thing keep it alive is the idea of interactive gameplay,
but that is also dying because PS3 now has motion senor and stuff like that
Trance & Nightcore FTW
Have to Love the Pelvic Dance! ----------->
Check out my Channel!! v Add Me!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tranc3FL
rebeldancer567

Post by rebeldancer567 » December 11th, 2010, 1:14 pm

I agree with all of this. In fact, it's not even Nintendo, it's all the video game companies. My biggest problem is the motion control sensors. It's just a lame attempt to get video gamers to get off their butts! I know that video games do kill your imagination and stuff, but back when Game Boys ruled, you actually had to work your thumbs to get Mario to beat the level. Nowadays, you can pass a level by only jumping. I've done it before.

Then there's Mario. What's up with all the spin-offs of it?!?! I have no problem with all the remakes of the original game, but only when it's the original. Mario Kart, Mini Mario, it makes me sick. What happend to plain jumping on turtles and smashing through bricks!??!?!?

There. It's a short rant, compared to my other rants, but I hope that Nintendo realizes someday that video gamers like us want old-school games back.
"Lost in Lies Yet Again-"
"-the passion still remains-"
"-it glows through the aeons-"
"-only to end in misery-"
"-and tears"

Anyone going to Youmacon 2011?
Monster

Post by Monster » February 19th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Nintendo is starting to kill me. I think that they have created the same impression (i think that the right word for it) that call of duty has, where they can keep selling shit and people will buy it cuz its nintendo. Don't get me wrong the, I still enjoy a lot of their stuff, but it seams that now I am enjoying less and less. The wii U is a stupid waste of cash, but the 2ds is good, however there really aren't a lot of good games yet and its been 2 years. I'm excited for PMD3 and PKMN X and Y they better not disappoint me.
License! Thanks Namahage!