Saddest Anime

Kawaii desu, ne?
Kestrel0907

Re: Saddest Anime

Post by Kestrel0907 » December 26th, 2012, 8:58 am

I just finished Elfen Lied, and it's quite sad and has a bad ending in my opinion.
I mean...Lucy dies while that diclonus-wannabe spreads the whole virus in the world...not cool...
Okay, i haven't read the manga, but...this stinks. :/
Mikumon
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Mikumon » December 26th, 2012, 9:01 am

Kestrel0907 wrote:I just finished Elfen Lied, and it's quite sad and has a bad ending in my opinion.
I mean...Lucy dies while that diclonus-wannabe spreads the whole virus in the world...not cool.
Okay, i haven't read the manga, but...this stinks. :/
i guess i would make you happy if i told you that there is a possibility that Lucy didn't die!? I mean when the anime ends... after the ending song, it shows someone knocking the door and it lets us think who it might be! I say it was Lucy... lol it has been over 1 year since i ended Elfen lied :x
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » December 26th, 2012, 9:06 am

Mikumon wrote:
i guess i would make you happy if i told you that there is a possibility that Lucy didn't die!? I mean when the anime ends... after the ending song, it shows someone knocking the door and it lets us think who it might be! I say it was Lucy... lol it has been over 1 year since i ended Elfen lied :x
It is unknown who was the person knocking at the door, it could have been that scientist that always wanted to take a bath(i don't remember her name), she ripped the picture of Kohta when she was at Kakuzawa's office probably to help them out or something.
It could be Lucy, but still only a sillhouette was shown, so it depends on everyone's point of view. :p
By the way, did anyone notice the handsign Lucy is doing?What does it mean...i found out that it's a handsign used by El Greco in his paintings, but i never found out what it means.
Last edited by Kestrel0907 on December 26th, 2012, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikumon
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Mikumon » December 26th, 2012, 9:08 am

Kestrel0907 wrote:
Mikumon wrote:
It is unknown who was the person knocking at the door, it could have been that scientist that always wanted to take a bath(i don't remember her name), she ripped the picture of Kohta when she was at Kakuzawa's office probably to help them out or something.
It could be Lucy, but still only a sillhouette was shown, so it depends on everyone's point of view. :p
Well if i were to EVEN THINK that Lucy died... i would go to japan and kill the man who wrote the manga/anime! so i just say to myself: YEE Luccy is alive! She knocked Kohta's door! woohoo!! :D. And like this i am not mad :) but ye it is up to the viewers decision ;p
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » December 26th, 2012, 9:10 am

Mikumon wrote:
Kestrel0907 wrote:
Mikumon wrote:
Well if i were to EVEN THINK that Lucy died... i would go to japan and kill the man who wrote the manga/anime! so i just say to myself: YEE Luccy is alive! She knocked Kohta's door! woohoo!! :D. And like this i am not mad :) but ye it is up to the viewers decision ;p
In the manga Lucy literally died, but then i heard that she later resurrects or something like that.
Mikumon
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Mikumon » December 26th, 2012, 9:15 am

Kestrel0907 wrote:
In the manga Lucy literally died, but then i heard that she later resurrects or something like that.
:O Thats why i dont read manga in 90% of the anime i watch! xD
Anime turns up to be a little less sad... (very rarely though... i mean... SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT
chipsy

Post by chipsy » December 26th, 2012, 9:20 am

Mikumon wrote:
Kestrel0907 wrote:
Mikumon wrote:
if you want something that can remind you of Lucy's character or the Anime for that matter, then you should get on of those music boxes that plays the lilium melody :)
Mikumon
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Mikumon » December 26th, 2012, 9:23 am

chipsy wrote:
if you want something that can remind you of Lucy's character or the Anime for that matter, then you should get on of those music boxes that plays the lilium melody :)

^^ thats the best Lilium i have ever heard... and i think we went too much off topic xD.. sorry for that!
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » December 26th, 2012, 9:24 am

chipsy wrote:
I actually play lilium on a piano application on an android phone i just got on Christmas(Samsung Galaxy Beam, best gift ever. <3
Would want to buy one of those though. :s
Edit:Did anyone else searched for the handsign Lucy used?I only know that El Greco used it in his paintings, but no explanation of it's meaning whatsoever.
Raver

Post by Raver » December 26th, 2012, 11:27 am

The Elfen Lied manga is A WAY more emotional and better than the anime. If you ever have the chance of reading it, please do so, you will not regret.
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
Mikumon
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Mikumon » December 26th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Raver wrote:
The Elfen Lied manga is A WAY more emotional and better than the anime. If you ever have the chance of reading it, please do so, you will not regret.
if u say so i will... But when i feel emotional... (means not now xD)
TheSmickey

Post by TheSmickey » December 26th, 2012, 3:53 pm

@ Mikumon, I mentioned Naruto. It was pretty sad, yes in some parts. Except at one point you realize that everyone has a sob story so you just stop caring altogether.
Gin Says, Just Do It!
Peter

Post by Peter » January 3rd, 2013, 1:30 am

Well, the saddest Anime I watched until now was Clannad After Story.
In specific, the last episodes of it. The moments when Nagisa and Ushio died were just so sad. Thankfully, Tomoya remembers what happened after the time gets rolled back, but I think that the finish may have been a bit too rushed in. Anyhow, at certain parts, it was so sad that I cannot explain it.