???

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
Qoolioz

Re: ???

Post by Qoolioz » October 22nd, 2012, 9:01 am

DJ Constacreast mostly produce Dream Trance.
DJ Splash and Manian produce Eurodance and Hands UP
S3RL produce Happy Hardcore (UK Hardcore)
Kestrel0907

Re: ???

Post by Kestrel0907 » October 23rd, 2012, 9:33 am

Qoolioz wrote:DJ Splash and Manian produce Eurodance and Hands UP
Yeah, everyone confuses hands up/eurodance with (euro)trance, i tried explaining it to them but i got my comment deleted lol.
Eurotrance is just a messed up term for the trance music in Europe(Armin van Buuren, Paul van dyk...) invented by americans, it isn't really a subgenre of trance, it is unknown why the wikipedia added it and named it as the same genre of handsup, but many complained about this.
Handsup once had it's own page in wikipedia including where it originated(Germany), the bpm.
It once contained information about Rob Mayth, Special D, Manian...etc but it is now considered the same genre as "eurotrance".
E.g:

And all the Dj Splash, Dj Squash(and other independent artists), (the old)Cascada, (the old)Basshunter, and what you can find on youtube that's similar.
The only wikia's about handsup are the German, Finland, Italy and possibly the french one(i can't find it right now).
Even most of the nightcores are handsup(there are actual trance songs nightcored, but very few in number).
If you're having problem knowing the differences between them, it's very simple:
Handsup usually has that brrr bass, and uses echoeing synthesizers(the zst melodies you hear), sometimes hardstyle(for example deepforces has a combined handsup-hardstyle style e.g: 1), 2)) elements are used, and if you listen carefully some even use jumpstyle kicks(the kicks are the BOH you hear at any track).
A great example would be Dual Playaz - Tune, the kicks are taken from the jumpstyle genre, they sound like BOU(yeah, it's also a dance called jumptstyle), because of this it is unknown whether it's jumpstyle or handsup(or probably it's quite handsup because of the brr bass and the melody wich is quite handsupish):

Handsup is more like a slower and much more melodic Uk(or happy if you wish) Hardcore, Uk hardcore has a much more faster melody and has a much more tougher bass(It's like a DRRRRR) and kicks.
E.g:
S3rl:

Darren Styles:

(If you want more UK hardcore search for them on youtube and wikipedia(jordesuvi is a good uk hardcore uploader))
Trance is just a more relaxing genre(but still fast) with repeated arpegios, a great example for it would be Armin Van Buuren's podcast(note that the old trance sounded more different, and when some when fastened up sound like a cutened uk hardcore/Handsup track(but without the exact elements of handsup)E.G: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ma3o70Mcbg , original track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fxcq4zpN_Y (THIS IS THE OBJECTIVE OF NIGHTCORE NOT THOSE ROCK/HOUSE/HEAVY METAL SONGS)):

ALSO TECHNO IS A VERY SLOWER MUSIC THAN YOU THINK IT IS(since it's quite the very first genre of the electronic genre duh)so if anyone talks about the real techno, HE MEANS IT, the "techno" mixes recently named this way are more handsup/jumpstyle/uk hardcore songs.
E.g:

P.S:DO NOT become butthurt or something like that stating:lul wtf is this poophead talking about, your wrong, i was the same as you, but then after some time, (and hundreds of songs) i found out wich is that and that, and this is the actual TRUTH.
And,in case you're wondering,this is jumpstyle(the music):

The dance:

Edit:Yeah, the text is quite a mess, sorry ,but i don't have that time to arrange them.