Speed Edits and "Fake Nightcore"

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
MagicScream

Speed Edits and "Fake Nightcore"

Post by MagicScream » June 21st, 2013, 3:04 am

This seems to be a hot issue, not only on this site, but on Youtube, and possibly other sites as well. I'd thought I'd see how this topic would do in the Philosophy section of the forums.

I know a lot of the higher-ups on the forum view the ideals of the original Nightcore group like it's the Bible, but should we allow nightcore to expand to other genres as well? Should we keep viewing sped up non-techno songs as "fake nightcore" forever? Or should we allow them to integrate into the true nightcore realm?

Try to give reasons why it should or shouldn't (be as specific and detailed as possible) instead of just simply saying "yes" or "no."

If you don't want to or don't feel like answering the above questions, and just want to post your thoughts on speed edits, then fill free to do so.

This thread is not meant to disrespect anyone or anything, nor is it meant to be a troll thread. However, if the moderators feel like this thread is against the rules, they are free to lock it.
Last edited by MagicScream on June 21st, 2013, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monster

Re: Speed Edits and "Fake Nightcore"

Post by Monster » June 21st, 2013, 10:27 am

My answer is really very simple, and although its a matter of opinion, my opinion, I'm sticking to it. "Fake" Nightcore just doesn't sound good to listen to. Just because I like my techno fast and hi-pitched doesn't mean I like all my music fast and hi-pitched.
License! Thanks Namahage!
Pavlov13

Post by Pavlov13 » February 2nd, 2014, 12:47 pm

I concur; it's easy to distinguish "fake" from veracious Nightcore. Oftentimes, the "fake" Nightcore is just not pleasing to listen to; consequently, just like I don't put cheap soda in my cabinet, I don't want fake Nightcore on my playlist.
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » February 2nd, 2014, 1:00 pm

They are fundamentally different things even though they all share the same feature of speeding up. However, people are naming dubstep, pop, rock, metal, rap, R&B, house to nightcore, would you say they are same genre? I wouldn't.
You can see how worse it is getting below.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... kQUE#gid=9
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

Monster

Post by Monster » February 2nd, 2014, 8:18 pm

Pavlov13 wrote:I concur; it's easy to distinguish "fake" from veracious Nightcore. Oftentimes, the "fake" Nightcore is just not pleasing to listen to; consequently, just like I don't put cheap soda in my cabinet, I don't want fake Nightcore on my playlist.
this
License! Thanks Namahage!
I Am Arthur Clark

Post by I Am Arthur Clark » February 3rd, 2014, 6:02 pm

Sorry for the stupid question, but what exactly is going on in that document?
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » February 3rd, 2014, 9:37 pm

The number of non-nightcore uploaders, and the music genre.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » February 7th, 2014, 5:48 pm

hko2006 wrote:The number of non-nightcore uploaders, and the music genre.
I beg your pardon, but why is there such a need for this?
Pavlov13

Post by Pavlov13 » February 9th, 2014, 5:43 pm

It's not so much a need as it's a demonstration of lumping two incompatible things - they are immiscible. I'm glad there's an appreciable distinction.