Nightcore Mix/Compilation competition

Host and partake in forum contests, events, and competitions!
HFUNightcore

Nightcore Mix/Compilation competition

Post by HFUNightcore » August 16th, 2014, 7:50 am

Hello guys today I want to present my own competition idea!

So first we need someone like maikel or Inari. I will tell you later why I want some more famous nightcore channels to take part in this competition. First we need to choose a number of persons who could take part in this competition before we can go into deeper details for example which date everything should be uploaded on etc.

Now I will tell you what the competition is all about. Every person who takes part in this competition has to create a 1 hour nightcore compilation or mix of his most favourite nightcore songs. Then we need someone like Inari or maikel to rate the compilations or mixes. The winner is the person whose compilation is rated the best from maikel for example. The reward is that the mix gets uploaded on for example maikels channel so you can possibly get more attention from other people on your channel. or fame idk how to call it xD.

Anyways guys tell me how you like this idea and if we can make it even better! Btw maybe we can bring back maikels attention to this forum :D

Imo this is a good idea with no costs at all!

This will be fun ^^

excuse me for my bad english you can correct me if you want.

Edit:

Participants (since yet):HFU Nightcore, StefanGhost, Luv4Nightcore, Night Wayfarer,LonelyLittleAngel,NightcoreLounge, SwooshXD, hko2006

read hko's post for more information.
Last edited by HFUNightcore on September 16th, 2014, 11:44 am, edited 8 times in total.
HKO2006

Re: Nightcore Mix/Compilation competition

Post by HKO2006 » August 16th, 2014, 7:52 am

What about inviting all active nightcore uploaders? :)
Last edited by HKO2006 on August 19th, 2014, 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » August 16th, 2014, 7:53 am

hko2006 wrote:What about inviting all active nightcore uploads? :)
you mean we should make a bigger competition even outside of this forum? that would be cool :D
StefanGhost

Post by StefanGhost » August 16th, 2014, 2:17 pm

I like ur idea, I want to do it! :D
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » August 16th, 2014, 2:19 pm

StefanGhost wrote:I like ur idea, I want to do it! :D

alright so you are on my list :D I will start to ask all the nightcore uploaders I know or who know me to take part in this competition! this will be fun :D idk if maikel has time for such things but Im sure Inari will help us he is a nice person.
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » August 16th, 2014, 2:23 pm

I can say eith certainty that Maikel wouldn't do it.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » August 16th, 2014, 2:45 pm

rsslayersr wrote:I can say eith certainty that Maikel wouldn't do it.

Yeah I already expected that :P But I will still try xD
LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » August 17th, 2014, 1:34 pm

I'm in I do the best nightcore.
sorry quotes from me are illegal in other people's signatures sry
Jumpcore thats what the bass is for.
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » August 17th, 2014, 1:34 pm

LonelyLittleAngel wrote:I'm in I do the best nightcore.

haha okay :D I write you down on my list ^^ lets have fun :)
LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » August 17th, 2014, 1:35 pm

when start?
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » August 17th, 2014, 1:37 pm

LonelyLittleAngel wrote:when start?

As I said first we have to find all the persons and discuss this competition. When Inari comes online I update him about the progress I did for the contest. Before we speak about deeper details when it starts we first have to complete what I said.
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » August 18th, 2014, 5:27 pm

HFU Nightcore wrote:Hello guys today I want to present my own competition idea!

So first we need someone like maikel or Inari. I will tell you later why I want some more famous nightcore channels to take part in this competition. First we need to choose a number of persons who could take part in this competition before we can go into deeper details for example which date everything should be uploaded on etc.

Now I will tell you what the competition is all about. Every person who takes part in this competition has to create a 1 hour nightcore compilation or mix of his most favourite nightcore songs. Then we need someone like Inari or maikel to rate the compilations or mixes. The winner is the person whose compilation is rated the best from maikel for example. The reward is that the mix gets uploaded on for example maikels channel so you can possibly get more attention from other people on your channel. or fame idk how to call it xD.

Anyways guys tell me how you like this idea and if we can make it even better! Btw maybe we can bring back maikels attention to this forum :D

Imo this is a good idea with no costs at all!

This will be fun ^^

excuse me for my bad english you can correct me if you want.

Edit:

Inari joined the contest as reviewer

Participants (since yet):HFU Nightcore, StefanGhost, Luv4Nightcore, Night Wayfarer,LonelyLittleAngel,NightcoreLounge, SwooshXD

08/18/2014 SwooshXD joined the contest as participant.

If you are asking why I am quoting my own post yeah thats because I want to let it look like an update! :P
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » August 18th, 2014, 7:48 pm

Is it safe to say that he's pretty much cut all ties and connections with this forum?

It's a shame that he's not on here. I agree with the OP; I think that this forum has become well behaved and respectful enough for Maikel to come back. *is still hoping for a miracle :P*
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » August 18th, 2014, 7:50 pm

Fernandez wrote:
Is it safe to say that he's pretty much cut all ties and connections with this forum?

It's a shame that he's not on here. I agree with the OP; I think that this forum has become well behaved and respectful enough for Maikel to come back. *is still hoping for a miracle :P*

oh hi didnt know you since yet :D Yes I also thought when I have such a "big" idea why not involve maikel into it :D?
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » August 19th, 2014, 1:46 pm

08/19/2014 hko2006 joined the contest.
HKO2006

Post by HKO2006 » August 20th, 2014, 3:30 am

New idea of deciding the winner, from reviewer reviewing the mixes then feature the mix on reviewer's channel to upload the mixes and let the viewers vote.

Good point are
1. Move judges means fairer result
2. Better exposure of the participants, all mixes are presented to a big audience instead of just the winner
3. Better promotion of the NU, compare to suddenly a winner is popped out from nowhere, a longer contest (few weeks to a month) with constant updates, with all details linked back to NU means more exposure of NU too

How the winner is decided
The winner is decided by the view/like ratio. For examples, entry #1 got 1000 views and 10 likes, so the like ratio is 1/100; entry #2 got 2000 views and 15 likes, so the like ratio is 1/133. 1/100 > 1/133 so entry #1 wins.

Things to discuss #A (i) How the mixes are presented
Plan A
Mixes are uploaded to makers' own channels then other channels upload a short announcement video and link to that mix every time a new mix is published.
Good thing is participants have the video on their own channels and enjoy the initial views.
Bad thing is this way may lose 2 kinds of viewers, people who don't check short announcement videos and people don't click the links.

Plan B 1
Mixes are uploaded a to a famous NU related channel (namely Inari) and other channels (namely Ninjaah, Vitacx97, etc) upload a short announcement video and link to that mix every time a new mix is published.
Good thing is this guarantees viewers to check the mixes.
Bad thing is participants lose the initial views.

Plan B 2
Mixes are uploaded to multiple famous NU related channels including Inari, Ninjaah, Vitacx97 (>15,000 subs combined), other channels upload a short announcement video and link to that mix every time a new mix is published. Viewers just need to view and like each mix once, so when they liked the one uploaded by Inari, they don't need to view and like Ninjaah's.
Good thing is this guarantees even more viewers to check the mixes.
Bad thing is participants lose the initial views, all channels need to upload all the mixes instead of just a short video, and a bit more work to calculate the like ratio.

All mixes and announcement videos should be on the spot light for at least a day before uploading anything to avoid overshadowing.
Same as above to avoid overshadowing, there should be at least two, three or four days gap between each mix.

Things to discuss #A (ii) The method of choosing how the mixes are presented
Plan A
We pick one plan and everyone follows.

Plan B
The participants choose a plan for their own.

Things to discuss #B Scale/what channels take part
Easiest 1. Get popular, actively NU related channels, Inari, Ninjaah, Vitacx97, AlwaysNightcore and emilemil1
Harder 2. Get all NU related channels (uploaders with a NU account/knowing NU), MikuMikuDJ, bafondzi, kyleaaron91, MisakuAideki, NightcoreSlax, CopyCatMaster01, etc
Even harder 3. Get all nightcore channels, HandzUpNightcore, Rinniieeee, NightcoreUploadz, DJ_Fennyluv, SchwarzeRose200, xMisterkinox, reinaXmina, Nightcorikall, etc
Hardest 4. Get Maikel

One concern is the qualities of the mixes. Imagine if Maikel agreed to help, then we provide real bad quality mixes, no only the participants would lose interest from the viewers, even Maikel's image would be damaged.

Things to discuss #C Means to calculate like ratio
This needed to be discussed only if Plan B 2 is used.
Easiest 1. Arithmetic mean, sum them up!
Harder 2. Semi-Median, ignore a X amount of the uploads or the one that have highest and lowest like ratio then use arithmetic mean.
Hardest 3. Median <- not good for this contest

Things needed before staring the contest
1. An announcement video to create a bit of hype, this needed be done after everything are settled. But again, it can turned out to be the higher the expectation, the greater the disappointment.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

NightcoreSlax

Post by NightcoreSlax » August 21st, 2014, 6:19 pm

Sounds cool, I think I'll join! ^^
Nightcure

Post by Nightcure » August 21st, 2014, 10:04 pm

Hello! I won't be participating in the competition, but I'll be lurking around to see your mixes >;3. Can't wait to see everyone's mixes!
I feel the need to leave my world, to discover some other place.
LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » August 22nd, 2014, 5:38 pm

rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » August 26th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Fernandez wrote:Is it safe to say that he's pretty much cut all ties and connections with this forum?

You may dream.. you may dream...
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore