Nightcore Mix/Compilation competition

Host and partake in forum contests, events, and competitions!
HKO2006

Re: Nightcore Mix/Compilation competition

Post by HKO2006 » August 20th, 2014, 3:30 am

New idea of deciding the winner, from reviewer reviewing the mixes then feature the mix on reviewer's channel to upload the mixes and let the viewers vote.

Good point are
1. Move judges means fairer result
2. Better exposure of the participants, all mixes are presented to a big audience instead of just the winner
3. Better promotion of the NU, compare to suddenly a winner is popped out from nowhere, a longer contest (few weeks to a month) with constant updates, with all details linked back to NU means more exposure of NU too

How the winner is decided
The winner is decided by the view/like ratio. For examples, entry #1 got 1000 views and 10 likes, so the like ratio is 1/100; entry #2 got 2000 views and 15 likes, so the like ratio is 1/133. 1/100 > 1/133 so entry #1 wins.

Things to discuss #A (i) How the mixes are presented
Plan A
Mixes are uploaded to makers' own channels then other channels upload a short announcement video and link to that mix every time a new mix is published.
Good thing is participants have the video on their own channels and enjoy the initial views.
Bad thing is this way may lose 2 kinds of viewers, people who don't check short announcement videos and people don't click the links.

Plan B 1
Mixes are uploaded a to a famous NU related channel (namely Inari) and other channels (namely Ninjaah, Vitacx97, etc) upload a short announcement video and link to that mix every time a new mix is published.
Good thing is this guarantees viewers to check the mixes.
Bad thing is participants lose the initial views.

Plan B 2
Mixes are uploaded to multiple famous NU related channels including Inari, Ninjaah, Vitacx97 (>15,000 subs combined), other channels upload a short announcement video and link to that mix every time a new mix is published. Viewers just need to view and like each mix once, so when they liked the one uploaded by Inari, they don't need to view and like Ninjaah's.
Good thing is this guarantees even more viewers to check the mixes.
Bad thing is participants lose the initial views, all channels need to upload all the mixes instead of just a short video, and a bit more work to calculate the like ratio.

All mixes and announcement videos should be on the spot light for at least a day before uploading anything to avoid overshadowing.
Same as above to avoid overshadowing, there should be at least two, three or four days gap between each mix.

Things to discuss #A (ii) The method of choosing how the mixes are presented
Plan A
We pick one plan and everyone follows.

Plan B
The participants choose a plan for their own.

Things to discuss #B Scale/what channels take part
Easiest 1. Get popular, actively NU related channels, Inari, Ninjaah, Vitacx97, AlwaysNightcore and emilemil1
Harder 2. Get all NU related channels (uploaders with a NU account/knowing NU), MikuMikuDJ, bafondzi, kyleaaron91, MisakuAideki, NightcoreSlax, CopyCatMaster01, etc
Even harder 3. Get all nightcore channels, HandzUpNightcore, Rinniieeee, NightcoreUploadz, DJ_Fennyluv, SchwarzeRose200, xMisterkinox, reinaXmina, Nightcorikall, etc
Hardest 4. Get Maikel

One concern is the qualities of the mixes. Imagine if Maikel agreed to help, then we provide real bad quality mixes, no only the participants would lose interest from the viewers, even Maikel's image would be damaged.

Things to discuss #C Means to calculate like ratio
This needed to be discussed only if Plan B 2 is used.
Easiest 1. Arithmetic mean, sum them up!
Harder 2. Semi-Median, ignore a X amount of the uploads or the one that have highest and lowest like ratio then use arithmetic mean.
Hardest 3. Median <- not good for this contest

Things needed before staring the contest
1. An announcement video to create a bit of hype, this needed be done after everything are settled. But again, it can turned out to be the higher the expectation, the greater the disappointment.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

NightcoreSlax

Post by NightcoreSlax » August 21st, 2014, 6:19 pm

Sounds cool, I think I'll join! ^^
Nightcure

Post by Nightcure » August 21st, 2014, 10:04 pm

Hello! I won't be participating in the competition, but I'll be lurking around to see your mixes >;3. Can't wait to see everyone's mixes!
I feel the need to leave my world, to discover some other place.
LonelyLittleAngel
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by LonelyLittleAngel » August 22nd, 2014, 5:38 pm

sorry quotes from me are illegal in other people's signatures sry
Jumpcore thats what the bass is for.
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » August 26th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Fernandez wrote:Is it safe to say that he's pretty much cut all ties and connections with this forum?

It's a shame that he's not on here. I agree with the OP; I think that this forum has become well behaved and respectful enough for Maikel to come back. *is still hoping for a miracle :P*
You may dream.. you may dream...
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore