TRance or techno artists?

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
xxCHANCExx

TRance or techno artists?

Post by xxCHANCExx » November 21st, 2010, 3:15 am

Does anyone here besides me create original techno/trance songs, I'm just curious and would like to check out all of your music ^^ check out mine too if you want, but I wanna hear other peoples music! So come on don't be shy xD .
Like trance/techno music? Check me out! HERE!

jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Re: TRance or techno artists?

Post by jordesu » November 21st, 2010, 8:35 am

I got FL recently.
So I'm just learning the ropes to become a Happy/UK Hardcore artist.

I don't have any original full songs that are good that are made by me yet.
Give it another month or two ;3
AsurasBlade

Post by AsurasBlade » November 21st, 2010, 9:01 am

I wish i could make trance, dubstep and techno music. But cause I don't know what equip I need and I lack musical inspiration its kinda hard. I wish to be as good as APproject, Stackindoh and Nightcore one day.
Grizz

Post by Grizz » November 22nd, 2010, 2:30 pm

I just made my first song with fl studio (demo version -.- )
Well it`s not really good but it`s my first try, so I think it`s ok
It would also be cool if you could tell my how to improve ^^
here is the song xd

enjoy
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » November 22nd, 2010, 2:55 pm

Being as good as Nightcore is easy ;3
xxCHANCExx

Post by xxCHANCExx » November 23rd, 2010, 12:25 am

AsurasBlade wrote:I wish i could make trance, dubstep and techno music. But cause I don't know what equip I need and I lack musical inspiration its kinda hard. I wish to be as good as APproject, Stackindoh and Nightcore one day.
You just need Frootyloops studio or reason or any other program, just google it.

Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » November 23rd, 2010, 10:32 pm

Jordanniieee wrote:Being as good as Nightcore is easy ;3
If all songs sounded good in Nightcore, that would be true. You can't just Nightcore everything you find and churn them out by the dozen, then expect to become a big hit. Just because Nightcoring songs is easy to do doesn't mean you don't have to put effort into it.

There are several, several people who mimic the Nightcore style and VERY FEW of them are able to do it well.

In a way, you could never be 'as good as Nightcore' simply because you didn't think of that idea first, but that's something else.
xxCHANCExx

Post by xxCHANCExx » November 23rd, 2010, 11:57 pm

Grizz wrote:I just made my first song with fl studio (demo version -.- )
Well it`s not really good but it`s my first try, so I think it`s ok
It would also be cool if you could tell my how to improve ^^
here is the song xd

enjoy
I'll comment on youtube for you =]

jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » November 24th, 2010, 2:40 am

You just had to start something again, didn't you Kirby. ¬_¬
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » November 24th, 2010, 2:56 pm

Kirby has to start what?
Kirby is totally right there.
It's not just easy-peasy to be "as good as Nightcore".

People think they're good at it, but lot's of em aren't. They use pop songs like lady gaga,
justin bieber, or iunno, acoustic guitar songs.
That's just not right. It's not meant for that. Not everyone can find the good songs,
which make good Nightcore versions.

So like.. why the "You just had to start something again, didn't you Kirby. ¬_¬"???
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
xxCHANCExx

Post by xxCHANCExx » November 24th, 2010, 3:59 pm

Hey lets not fight or get off topic D=

Night_Core_Rules

Post by Night_Core_Rules » January 3rd, 2012, 7:41 am

I just started, but I really like this person and hope to be like them some day.
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » January 3rd, 2012, 1:22 pm

@Maikel:
I apologize for my late response but:

Don't get all over-protective over your lover. I'm having a joke, considering you've talked to me enough times over the years I assumed you'd know that I'm not exactly a serious person and a large amount of the things I say are just friendly banter.
If I told her to go fuck herself or anything of the sort then I'd understand why you're in your "I'll save the damsel in distress" attitude.

I'm basically saying that in my opinion (If I'm allowed one) Nightcoring is easy.

Because a majority of the world like their mainstream chart music, people like to hear them tracks nightcored, hence why there is so many of them. Although Nightcore mixes of techno, house and whatever else usually come out good. I also think that Nightcore should be set to one genre like you're suggesting.
justin bieber, or iunno, acoustic guitar songs.
That's just not right. It's not meant for that.
Michael (someone I think you'll remember fondly) once made a great Nightcore mix of Three Days Grace's "Over and Over" and I'm sure with a bit of searching you'd find others that sound great as well.

In my opinion (If I'm still allowed one) I think that all it takes to make a good nightcore is a program that can export tracks in good quality, providing the song was in a good state to start with. And to choose low pitched/BPM track which isn't as hard as it's made out to be.

All Nightcore ever did was raise the speed of unheard songs. I'm not saying that those tracks aren't good or anything but it doesn't take an Einstein to come up with the idea.

Any questions? ~
Kitashi

Post by Kitashi » January 3rd, 2012, 2:25 pm

@jordesu:
I think that's way too late of a response to be reasonable... it's been over a year since the people you're responding to have posted. Really now? o_O

What I find absolutely atrocious is that your argument is ridden with ad hominem. You're labeling Maikel as being "over-protective" and having a "I'll save the damsel in distress" attitude when all he did was express an opinion that was synonymous with Kirby's. The actual discussion or points being made has NOTHING to do with their relationship so I'm not really sure why you decided to bring that in. Brush up on your logical fallacies.

You've indicated time and again that you're apparently not sure if you're allowed to have an opinion. What I find extremely funny about this is that you seem to believe that if Maikel and Kirby have the same opinion, their argument is automatically made invalid. It is irrational (and borderline disrespectful) to conclude that Maikel is an overprotective freak JUST because he agreed with her, and by doing that you are not disproving anything.
What I also find funny about this is that you initially got annoyed at Kirby because she expressed an opinion that differed from yours:
You just had to start something again, didn't you Kirby. ¬_¬
(on a side note, I would hardly call that friendly banter.)
You're basically saying you're doubtful of whether or not you're allowed to have an opinion when you clearly think that Maikel and Kirby shouldn't have one.

Alright. So in your opinion, Nightcoring is easy. And I disagree with that opinion. I'm allowed to, right? Or will I get the "loyal and long time fan of Maikel" treatment?
Because a majority of the world like their mainstream chart music, people like to hear them tracks nightcored, hence why there is so many of them.
I hope you're not trying to say that Nightcore'd mainstream songs sound good. Doing that demonstrates a severe lack or thought or creativity and completely takes away from the "fun" aspect of searching for songs that would sound good in Nightcore.
Although Nightcore mixes of techno, house and whatever else usually come out good. I also think that Nightcore should be set to one genre like you're suggesting.
You do?
Michael (someone I think you'll remember fondly) once made a great Nightcore mix of Three Days Grace's "Over and Over" and I'm sure with a bit of searching you'd find others that sound great as well.
Rock wasn't in the same genre as techno/house last time I checked.

I've listened to various rock Nightcore songs and I could say that I could (somewhat) see why people would like them. However, the original Nightcore group stuck to electronic songs which were also served as the basis for many of the early Nightcore uploaders. The original Nightcore group defined Nightcore, which is why rock songs simply isn't mean't for/should be excluded from the Nightcore name.
In my opinion (If I'm still allowed one) I think that all it takes to make a good nightcore is a program that can export tracks in good quality, providing the song was in a good state to start with. And to choose low pitched/BPM track which isn't as hard as it's made out to be.

All Nightcore ever did was raise the speed of unheard songs. I'm not saying that those tracks aren't good or anything but it doesn't take an Einstein to come up with the idea.
Nightcore is something that everyone can do, but not everyone can do well. People CAN'T produce good Nightcore by just obtaining a program and chucking songs into it. Why? Not all songs sound good in Nightcore. The talent in Nightcore comes from being able to find the songs that actually are improved by Nightcore edits, and no, it is not as easy as "low pitched/BPM", other factors such as length, quality of vocals (not all voices take kindly to being Nightcore'd, even if they're low pitched), overall appeal of the song itself (boring? too generic? not well produced?), HAS IT BEEN DONE BEFORE (huge one), etc., etc.
SkillSkillFiretruck

Post by SkillSkillFiretruck » January 11th, 2012, 1:38 am

Hey, I'll check all you peeps channels out.

I have one trance song called, 'Good Start' It has piano in and some dubstep elements.

https://www.youtube.com/4444eltoNNNNNN
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » January 13th, 2012, 2:51 pm

@Kitashi, okay first off: recognize I said @Maikel. I didn't realize that means you need to get involved.

Secondly: It's natural that Maikel is going to step in fend for his girlfriend, although I just feel it's irrelevant when Kirby herself could have responded and we could have discussed what I meant instead of a big drama splurging from it.
I didn't get annoyed, considering I've talked to Kirby enough times I assumed she would have known I was joking.
I hope you're not trying to say that Nightcore'd mainstream songs sound good.
That's exactly what I'm trying to say, I don't see why nightcore tracks can't be mainstream. If someone enjoys a song that's been speeded up then why deny them of it. Besides, some people don't get amusement from searching for songs. Some people may find it a hassle.
You do?
Typo. Meant to put shouldn't.
See above.
People CAN'T produce good Nightcore by just obtaining a program and chucking songs into it.
Yes they can.
Note that I said:
"a program that can export tracks in good quality"
It doesn't take mass creativity or logic to pitch it up to whatever sounds right.
it is not as easy as "low pitched/BPM", other factors such as length, quality of vocals
Yes it is, I searched the first few tracks that came to my head. These all came out pretty good in my opinion.

Also note I said:
"providing the song was in a good state to start with"
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » January 13th, 2012, 3:35 pm

I don't think you realize that this is a public forum and everyone can view whatever you post. There's nothing keeping Kitashi from putting her own comments in, every forum member is allowed to post in this topic.

About the relationship thing, well yes, it's wrong to conclude that I was being overprotective because I agreed with her. I still would have agreed with her even if I wasn't her boyfriend, so what's your point?
I don't see why you now think that this is a "big drama" either, it seems more like intelligent discussion about what people think if you ask me.

Mainstream Nightcore is bad because it's just completely unoriginal and it seems like you're not even trying to put effort into your Nightcore songs. What's irritating about it is that these videos often get a lot of views. And Nightcore that people have actually put thought into deserves the views more than those videos do.
You can't just Nightcore every song you can get your hands on. That's just a disgrace. And if you believe otherwise, I'll Nightcore all the S3RL songs you have uploaded on your channel and send it to you and see how much you like that. After all, why deny me from doing that, right?

Yes, I remember Michael, and I've heard his Nightcore mix of "Over and Over", and no, I didn't think it was good. It was horrible. And yes, I've done a bit of searching (more than a bit actually), and no, I haven't found others that sound great.

No, people can't produce good Nightcore by just obtaining a program and chucking songs into it. It looks like you're missing her point. The difficulty of Nightcore is not the actual process of raising the tempo and pitch but finding a song that would actually sound good in that way to begin with.

The first song you posted doesn't have what I'd look for in a good Nightcore song. It doesn't seem to have a Nightcore feeling to it.
The second song seems really crowded and the orchestra instruments seriously take away from its appeal.
The third song is just simply way better as the original, I don't see how Nightcoring it improved it in any way.
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » January 25th, 2012, 5:44 pm

Good one Kirby. You could have just said all that on your own account.

Yeah but it doesn't mean I should everyone having a cry at me over you misinterpreting what I meant.

I wouldn't have minded Maikel simply agreeing but he dedicated a whole post to having a crack at me. So naturally I'm not going to be happy about it.

If someone wants to listen to a bit of Nicki Minaj, Rihanna or David Guetta speeded up then why is that such a big deal. I remember reading something about Nightcore's purpose of speeding up tracks is to make them have a more happier and fresh sound. It's downright arrogant to say that mainstream tracks don't have that right.
I never said "NIGHTCORING IS SO EASY YOU COULD JUST USE ANY SONG LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL."
I quote myself:
And to choose low pitched/BPM track
You could Nightcore all the S3RL tracks ever produce and fire them up to youtube, I wouldn't particularly enjoy listening to them because I personally think that it doesn't sound right. It doesn't mean I should bitch about it.

Well I thought it was pretty good. And I'm sure there were plenty others who thought the same. Well I dare say I think your music taste is quite narrow if you're only able to appreciate Nightcore tracks in a specific genre.
No, people can't produce good Nightcore by just obtaining a program and chucking songs into
See above, fourth paragraph

Your comment on the first song is just being picky. It doesn't need a heavy synth lead to have a nightcore feel.
Your comment on the second song is a matter of opinion. I could say it has a big climaxing chorus.
Third song, personally I do prefer the original but it doesn't mean that the Nightcore version isn't good.
The Nightcore version of "21'st Century Digital Girl" is pretty good but I don't feel it an improvement.
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » January 25th, 2012, 6:04 pm

Good one Kirby. You could have just said all that on your own account.
What are you talking about? I don't know Maikel's/Kitashi's account password, or anyone's for that matter .. besides my own. The passwords are all encrypted within phpBB-generated mySQL databases, I can't access anyone's account without changing their password beforehand.
Do you have any basis for what you're claiming sans mild assumption -- that's all I'm going to say here.
Raver

Post by Raver » January 25th, 2012, 9:07 pm

I wasn't willing to reply anything in this thread, but now I'm feeling like obliged to.

First of all, I'd like to say that I love Nightcore, so obviously, I don't want to see terrible uploads tagged as Nightcore. Mainstream songs/rock/pop/etc sound pretty bad when sped up. They just don't fit in Nightcore style. Yes, I thought all the songs you used as example horribles. I really think that the Nightcore community worsened since a time ago, and it's because the shitty uploaders. Now 99% of the songs tagged as Nightcore in youtube suck.

If the original band had sped up some pop or rock song, ok. But no, they never did it, their goal was to turn ELECTRONIC (mainly trance) songs happier and faster. So, if you're using the *Nightcore* style in some song, OF COURSE you have to use the same genre. Some people just try to Nightcore all the songs they have in his computer, and it's so stupid because some songs sound like shit and they still do it, it's a shame.

I agree, if people want to listen rock or something sped up, they can do it, no problem, but don't use the Nightcore name in the title, because that isn't Nightcore.

By the way, accusing someone without any evidence or reason is so infant. After reading this you will probably assume that I am Kirby using another person's account just because I agree with her. Real mature, right?
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
PandiCream

Post by PandiCream » January 25th, 2012, 9:20 pm

ohyes I do love fredrick jolly good..
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » January 26th, 2012, 2:29 am

No it's just funny how the language of Maikels typing suddenly turns all formal and big-wordy compared to what it usually is. I've never seen him be as literate as that.

Anyway I'm bored of replying here, it's getting tedious having to answer and explain to more than one person, so Imma drop it.
Moonightcore

Post by Moonightcore » January 26th, 2012, 11:45 am

After reading some comments, I felt like replying to this. Before I start, I want to say that i love you guys... xD

emmm, I just want to say that making nightcore of rock/rap are not very good, it's true, but what I can't understand is why are you saying that ELECTROPOP(most known as COMMERCIAL DANCE) (you are comparing ELECTROPOP with the GENERAL POP, and they are different.) doesn't sound good speed up. ELECTROPOP songs have catchy vocals and repetitive melodies created by computers for you to like and buy. GENERAL POP are songs (for example) from Michael Jackson, the old Britney Spears...

And another thing, you don't like J-POP/K-POP in nightcore because you actually don't know what they sound like. you are comparing J-POP/K-POP to vocaloid and to the OP/ED from anime, and that's not J-POP/K-POP. Artist that use this type of music could be "Perfume" that they REALLY sound good sped up, or Hyuna Kim.

Just wanted to make these things clear, and remember, I love you x3
Raver

Post by Raver » January 26th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Pop music just don't fit in Nightcore style, "Rock Nightcore" is worst though. Some pop songs don't even have a beat, you just ruin (if it isn't already bad) the song speeding it up. And it isn't only because the song have beat or female vocals you have to speed it up. Nightcore is about electronic music(trance and techno), no one can deny it. Once you're doing it with pop or rock songs, these songs technically ARE NOT Nightcore.
Moonightcore

Post by Moonightcore » January 26th, 2012, 1:56 pm

I guess my post has been ignored, so I am not going to say the same things agains. Just another question,
Nightcore is about electronic music(trance and techno)
then what about house? if you speed up that would fit nightcore?
Raver

Post by Raver » January 26th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Raver wrote:Nightcore is about electronic music (trance and techno)
Period.
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » January 27th, 2012, 7:19 am

Well in my personal oppinion is that most of the nightcored songs that sound good are electro(Trance,Techno,Dance,Electro House),the others such as rock,pop,raggae or wtf are most likely a plague(no offence)
However there may be some RARE(and i say really RARE) exceptions,like for example Maikel's Here i am(originally by The Scorpions wich is a rock band if i'm not mistaken) and Tell me where you are(they are the only examples i could think of for the momment).
Correct me if i'm wrong...and peace,i don't want to start a fight here or anything like that,i'm just expressing my oppinion. ;d
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » January 27th, 2012, 8:54 am

What are you talking about? I don't remember if I Nightcore'd the original or a remix of it but Here I Am does have more characteristic dance elements than rock.

This song has a guitar in it, but listen to it and tell me if it sounds like a rock song to you?

Tell Me Where You Are is a classic techno song, i have no idea what you're trying to get at here.
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » January 27th, 2012, 9:07 am

Maikel631 wrote:What are you talking about? I don't remember if I Nightcore'd the original or a remix of it but Here I Am does have more characteristic dance elements than rock.

This song has a guitar in it, but listen to it and tell me if it sounds like a rock song to you?

Tell Me Where You Are is a classic techno song, i have no idea what you're trying to get at here.
Oooh,i'm sorry it's my mistake,i tought you nightcored the original by scorpions,i guess i should have checked before...
As for Tell me where you are,again double fail,i tought it was,as you said,rock or pop song because of it's guitar.
So i guess that in the end only electro genres are good to nightcore lol.
(I should really search before posting anything >.>)
Kitashi

Post by Kitashi » January 30th, 2012, 9:37 pm

Really... are you guys serious? Why is it so hard for all of you to listen to your elders? None of you are in any position to insist that you know more about what Nightcore should and shouldn't be than Maikel does. Maikel has been around as long as Nightcore has been uploaded on YouTube, and being one of the first (if not THE first) to upload fan-made Nightcore songs, he DEFINES Nightcore. Not you. If I'm correct, if it weren't for Maikel, these forums wouldn't even exist. They were created in his honor to discuss his music, although they're hardly about that anymore. Without his mass-adverts, you probably wouldn't have even known about these forums. Other people advertise, and yes, the forums show up on Google search results, but that was all a direct result of what Maikel did.
YOU GUYS HAVE RESPECT FOR ALL THE WRONG PEOPLE. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

-----------

@jordesu
edit: just saw that you weren't going to post in this thread anymore, ah well, took me a while to type all of this up so I'm not going to delete it or anything.
Yeah but it doesn't mean I should everyone having a cry at me over you misinterpreting what I meant.

I wouldn't have minded Maikel simply agreeing but he dedicated a whole post to having a crack at me. So naturally I'm not going to be happy about it.
I'm pretty sure you're the only person here who's actually upset by people having opinions that differ from yours.
If someone wants to listen to a bit of Nicki Minaj, Rihanna or David Guetta speeded up then why is that such a big deal. I remember reading something about Nightcore's purpose of speeding up tracks is to make them have a more happier and fresh sound. It's downright arrogant to say that mainstream tracks don't have that right.
I never said that people weren't entitled to speeding up any tracks they do so please, but if you're going to do this with mainstream songs, do NOT by any means label it as "Nightcore" because it CLEARLY isn't.

Quote from the original Nightcore group's MySpace page:
"We mix techno/dance music into faster and more happier sounds for your listening pleasure!"

Mainstream music doesn't fall under that category. Neither does any other rock, rap, pop, etc. Such tracks should be uploaded to YouTube with the naming format "Artist - Song (Speed Edit)" and nothing else.
I never said "NIGHTCORING IS SO EASY YOU COULD JUST USE ANY SONG LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL."
I quote myself:
And to choose low pitched/BPM track
I'll quote myself, too:

"no, it is not as easy as "low pitched/BPM", other factors such as length, quality of vocals (not all voices take kindly to being Nightcore'd, even if they're low pitched), overall appeal of the song itself (boring? too generic? not well produced?), HAS IT BEEN DONE BEFORE (huge one), etc., etc."
You could Nightcore all the S3RL tracks ever produce and fire them up to youtube, I wouldn't particularly enjoy listening to them because I personally think that it doesn't sound right. It doesn't mean I should bitch about it.
Isn't that what you did, though? I faintly remember you uploading a whole video to rant about it a while back.

I'll agree with Maikel and Raver here. Those songs you posted aren't very good (or representative of Nightcore) at all.
Your comment on the first song is just being picky. It doesn't need a heavy synth lead to have a nightcore feel.
Maybe, but that song seems much more of a relaxing house song than that of techno/dance.
Your comment on the second song is a matter of opinion. I could say it has a big climaxing chorus.
Isn't everything in this thread just a matter of opinion?
Third song, personally I do prefer the original but it doesn't mean that the Nightcore version isn't good.
If it's not an improvement over the original then why bother with it to begin with? People Nightcore songs because they believe that they sound better in that way.

-----------

@Moonightcore
emmm, I just want to say that making nightcore of rock/rap are not very good, it's true, but what I can't understand is why are you saying that ELECTROPOP(most known as COMMERCIAL DANCE) (you are comparing ELECTROPOP with the GENERAL POP, and they are different.) doesn't sound good speed up. ELECTROPOP songs have catchy vocals and repetitive melodies created by computers for you to like and buy. GENERAL POP are songs (for example) from Michael Jackson, the old Britney Spears...
First of all, electropop isn't commercial dance. Please tell me where you got that from, because I'm rather curious.

You could argue that pop songs fit under electronic music all you want, sure, but just because it's electronic doesn't necessarily mean that it adheres to the guidelines of the original Nightcore group. I'll quote again:
"We mix techno/dance music into faster and more happier sounds for your listening pleasure!"

Pop songs may have some electronic elements added in but the feel they have is incomparable to what REAL Nightcore is. It's not like the original Nightcore group included a bunch of 80's chiptune hits as part of their selection.
And another thing, you don't like J-POP/K-POP in nightcore because you actually don't know what they sound like. you are comparing J-POP/K-POP to vocaloid and to the OP/ED from anime, and that's not J-POP/K-POP. Artist that use this type of music could be "Perfume" that they REALLY sound good sped up, or Hyuna Kim.
How do you know what pop songs he's referring to?
It's not really a matter of whether or not you think it sounds good sped up. If it sounds good to you, fine. But by definition, it isn't Nightcore. It's just a speed edit.
then what about house? if you speed up that would fit nightcore?
No.

Raver wrote:Period.