Youtube Partnership Nightcore?

About YouTube videos, copyright, and culture.
xwolf9100

Youtube Partnership Nightcore?

Post by xwolf9100 » May 11th, 2013, 1:10 am

Are you allowed to partner with youtube and make money with nightcore videos? After you get the offer and have enough subs and everything of course.
DDJVector

Re: Youtube Partnership Nightcore?

Post by DDJVector » May 11th, 2013, 2:55 am

Well it's only a minimal amount of money you get unless you really have like 100k+ views for each video (that's what i've heard at least). And besides the way i see it you can't make money off from other artists music, even though it's speeded up. So i advice to forget it to avoid problems with the copyrights of the original artists.
xwolf9100

Post by xwolf9100 » May 11th, 2013, 4:03 pm

Yeah but if I put a disclaimer on each of my videos and I get popular enough, would youtube let me partner?
Copy_Cat_Master

Post by Copy_Cat_Master » May 12th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Well, Nightcore is like remix. You take other people song and edit it but I doubt if you can make partnership with youtube to get money. I do say to use the other way or avoid it or else, you might get in trouble.
(Click the picture)
Official Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CopyCatMaster01
Copy Cat Master's Twitter: https://twitter.com/CopyCatMaster
sharkfin

Post by sharkfin » May 18th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Even if you put a disclaimer in your videos, you still cannot make money off the videos. The disclaimer is basically saying that you wont use the content of others to make money.

The reason that DJ's can make money off their remixes is that they have a DJ licence. This license allows them to make money off of someone else's work. They take a portion of the money the DJ earns and pays off the copyright.

If you have no disclaimer and no license but still monetize your nightcore videos, you will possibly get into a serious legal issue and you may get sued by multiple music producers, song writers and singers.

Long story short, you cannot make money in ANY way from someone else's work due to commercial copyrights

Thanks for checking,
Sharkfin
Rock Machine

Post by Rock Machine » January 14th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Sharkfin said it well. Losing your account when you're not a partner to copyright is bad enough, but if you're a partner making money off nightcore, then the consequences of a copyright infringement case can be more dire.