Nightcore has Changed

About YouTube videos, copyright, and culture.

Nightcore has Changed

Postby AznXstyle » March 15th, 2015, 8:48 am

It's saddens me to see how the "Nightcore" community has took such a downfall. Yes the "Genre" is getting increasingly popular, but over what? Songs that have only been sped up and have no actual Nightcore feel to it; Happy, Hardcore, Jumpstyle, Trance, etc. Fans don't even know the original group and praise channels that have decided to "Nightcore" a song first. Channels that deserve praise who actually upload real Nightcore are pushed aside and replaced with speed edits of songs that are popular on the radio. I only recently got back into the Nightcore community due to school and recently decided to upload again. There was always Nightcore channels all over YouTube that served two purposes: Uploading because they want to share and expand real Nightcore; and those who thrive for subscribers to only post trash speed edits. It pains me to know that channels grow increasingly popular due to Twitch streamers and bad word of mouth. This isn't going to stop me from uploading what I love though. It's maybe my own Jealousy knowing that the most popular Nightcore channel doesn't even know how Nighcore started and not know the original group.
Here are the screenshots of the conversation that made me want to write this.
http://puu.sh/gAXWg/8d66d258c8.png
http://puu.sh/gAXZ5/0d94b87dde.png
http://puu.sh/gAY04/4c89e11f8d.png (#1 Reason)
http://puu.sh/gAY39/e318a422c9.png (My reply, I ended it on a good note to not cause problems)

Overall, I hope you understand. Thank You for Reading.

My Nightcore Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SYTLNightcoreCC
Last edited by AznXstyle on March 15th, 2015, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AznXstyle

Re: Nightcore has Changed

Postby Vitacx97 » March 15th, 2015, 12:00 pm

There's nothing we can do other than attempt to educate those about the origins of the name. Ultimately, channels that upload popular mainstream songs every day or two are going to have a much stronger following than channels that use the correct genres but only post every week.
Vitacx97

Postby AznXstyle » March 15th, 2015, 1:42 pm

I guess we gotta just do what we gotta do.
AznXstyle

Postby Zurd » March 15th, 2015, 2:30 pm

Glad you're coming back, you made a lot of pretty cool Nightcore back then, I still listen to it :)
Zurd

Postby AznXstyle » March 15th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Btw, I'm going to be uploading a new song soon. I recently changed my channel name to SYTL Nightcore.
AznXstyle

Postby HKO2006 » March 15th, 2015, 4:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/c/SYTLNightcoreCC
Never knew channel can be replaced by c, thanks

If you have free time, you can
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/nightcore
Or nightcore.wikia.com/ If you got more time to dump, just adopted the wikia so I can ban any griefer
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
Spoiler: show
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

HKO2006

Postby Nightcore4eva » November 16th, 2015, 5:05 am

They've also incorporated dubstep into nightcore (it's called nightstep). It is a travesty- it shouldn't even exist!
Nightcore4eva

Postby emilemil1 » November 16th, 2015, 12:19 pm

It's not incorporated since it actually has a different name, which is great, there's zero risk of confusion.
emilemil1

Postby Nightcore4eva » November 17th, 2015, 12:12 am

Yeah that's true. What do you guys think of people who add their own melodies to a song, speed it up, and call it nightcore?
Nightcore4eva

Postby emilemil1 » November 17th, 2015, 12:19 am

Then it's not Nightcore, just a remix. Never seen that even once though :)
emilemil1

Postby Nightcore4eva » November 17th, 2015, 12:46 am

You'll be surprised mate. It isn't pure nightcore! Like you said, it's just a remix. Isolate the vocals of a song, put it in FL Studio and add your own effects. I've just started nightcoring music myself, and getting the correct pitch and speed is WAY harder than a lot of people think. I have worked with sound editing before, and it is something of an art.
Nightcore4eva

Postby Nightcore4eva » November 17th, 2015, 12:50 am

There's even a Tutorial on YT which calls the original method of nightcoring a song "cheating".
Nightcore4eva

Postby emilemil1 » November 17th, 2015, 1:21 am

People keep saying that tons of people are doing it, but as I said, I've never seen it even once. On the other hand it's very common that people THINK a song has been sped up + remixed, when in fact it's just an existing remix that has been sped up.

And on a scale from easy to hard, changing the pitch of a track has to be one of the easiest things you can do in any sound editor, considering how quickly you can iterate ^^
emilemil1

Postby Nightcore4eva » November 17th, 2015, 1:29 am

Yeah that's true. :)
Nightcore4eva

Postby Fernandez » November 17th, 2015, 2:39 am

If we had a definition of "nightcore" in the dictionary, it would probably say something like "the act of speeding up a completely premade techno song".

Thus, oftentimes, when you make your own remix of a song, or when you make your own original techno song from scratch that has all the characteristics of a nightcore song, people say it's not nightcore because you haven't actually sped anything up.
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(
Fernandez

Next

Return to YouTube Discussion