Hi and welcome to NU ^^
*serious face on*
- Maintain a good video quality. Decent audio and no black bars is a minimum.
- Differentiate yourself from the most popular channels, preferably by not uploading the same songs as they do.
- If people have to choose between watching your video or one by a more popular channel, chances are they'll go with the more popular one, regardless of how awesomely awesome your video is.
- Exactly how frequently you upload doesn't really matter, as long as you're being consistent.
- And make sure you can stick to your schedule not just today, but also many years from now.
- If you ever want to upload something that's not Nightcore, first ask yourself this:
- Would I want to receive content like this from the Nightcore channels I'm subscribed to?
- Have patience, the Nightcore audience is small and moves slowly.
- Remember that almost all big Nightcore channels have been uploading for several years. They made it to where they are through time and dedication, so don't go around expecting success overnight.
- Don't burn yourself out by being too ambitious, or you'll soon find yourself unable to deliver what you originally promised. It's better to start small and grow over time than to start big right of the bat, imo.
- When you have a few subscribers, start taking note of what they like and don't like, and evolve from that.
- What I want to stress here is that the opinions of your current subscribers should weigh much heavier than the opinions of random viewers. Focus on satisfying your core fanbase and they'll slowly grow into a solid foundation, reject them and the floor will crumble below you as people start to unsubscribe.
I generally dislike when people advertise their channels, especially when they don't give a good reason for me to subscribe to them. Most say something like "Hey, here's a new channel, please support it by liking and subscribing", followed by a link and nothing else.
If I check it out I'll usually end up disappointed by seeing a bunch of songs that I've already heard from other channels, presented in usually pretty low audio quality, with nothing that really makes me want to subscribe.
Just imagine an ad like that on TV:
"Here's a stapler! It's kinda like that stapler you already own, except it looks like crap and staples much worse! You should buy it though to support us!"
No, seriously, if you want to go to people and persuade them to subscribe, you got to give them a good reason to. Simply existing is not a selling point, you got to show them your best side, why they should consider you over the thousands of other Nightcore channels. If you can't find any such selling point, then advertising won't do a thing.
This is not criticism towards you, I actually haven't checked out our channel yet ^^ It's just some general observations.