Copyright of Nightcore videos

About YouTube videos, copyright, and culture.
NAMii96

Copyright of Nightcore videos

Post by NAMii96 » December 23rd, 2010, 5:26 am

I open this topic regarding the copyright of Nightcore videos , I currently have 21 videos that have a problem with the copyrights , and I have already received a warning .

I know that after 3 adverts, there is deletion of the account, that's why I need your advice, should I remove all these videos ? Knowing that I have some videos where the number of views is greater than 1000 see 7000 (I'm not as famous as Maikel, for me is a lot of views XD) Please help me, I need your advice .

And sorry, my english isn't the best, I'm french . I hope you managed to understand me . ^^"
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Re: Copyright of Nightcore videos

Post by Johannez691 » December 23rd, 2010, 6:53 am

1. Do you write in the describtion that you don't own the original of the song?
2. I make a lot of Nightcores nd Youtube thinks the songs are mine.
3. What kind of songs do you Nightcore?
Grizz

Post by Grizz » December 23rd, 2010, 8:15 am

you don`t have to care unless one of your videos gets fully blocked
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » December 23rd, 2010, 8:16 am

Well the vids which are fully blocked you should remove. what's the point to keep them if none can watch them
NAMii96

Post by NAMii96 » December 23rd, 2010, 12:30 pm

1. No, I write Nightcored By Me and I put the link to download, I use Audacity for my song .

2. I make +250 Nightcore songs, but 21 have copyrights .

3. Well, a little of everything, I usually upload to a DJ before use Audacity on this song .

> None of my videos is blocked, so I'm not obliged to delete them ?
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » December 23rd, 2010, 1:08 pm

NAMii96 wrote:1. No, I write Nightcored By Me and I put the link to download
Add original artist name and remove download links. Also, add a disclaimer on each of your vid stating that credits goes to original artist/remixer and that you'd prefer being asked to delete the vid rather than recieving a strike, should anyone have probs with you uplaoding a modificated vers of their work.
NAMii96

Post by NAMii96 » December 23rd, 2010, 2:22 pm

Delete the download links, you are on ? Many fans Nightcore can't download it , it's for them that I wanted to put links, and for credit, I think I'll take example Saryux .
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » December 23rd, 2010, 3:36 pm

Anyone can download from youtube
Qoolioz

Post by Qoolioz » December 2nd, 2011, 10:02 pm

I got some copyrights, but they didn't do anything, just put ads and such. Just make sure you don't sign up for Youtube Partnership.
GANGEYA

Post by GANGEYA » April 13th, 2013, 1:31 pm

Hi i post some nightcore on my channel and I was wondering if I could get into tgn or another network could I become a YouTube partner even with nightcore up.
Rock Machine

Post by Rock Machine » January 14th, 2015, 9:00 pm

GANGEYA wrote:Hi i post some nightcore on my channel and I was wondering if I could get into tgn or another network could I become a YouTube partner even with nightcore up.
I wouldn't apply for partnership. With a nightcore song, you don't completely own the whole song, so if someone files for opyright infringement, you could end up in serious trouble.
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » January 15th, 2015, 5:35 am

Nightcore channels mostly see themselves as a music promotion channel. I'm fairly sure some channels have partnerships while uploading unedited music.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » January 15th, 2015, 7:33 am

"Promotion" without explicit consent from the author is piracy. It doesn't matter if the tracks are untouched or edited into Nightcore, it's still piracy. It also doesn't matter if you bought the tracks legally through iTunes or got them from a torrent, uploading them on YouTube without consent from the copyright holder is equally illegal in both cases.

If you want your promotion channel (Nightcore or not) to get away with this, and also profit from it, then you better be prepared to put in some serious effort to make both labels and artists happy. You have to convince them that there is a good reason for them to not take your videos down in favor of their official music videos. This means properly crediting the artists and labels involved, adding links to the online stores/streaming services where the song can be found, and just being an overall good host. You basically have to do a better job of promoting the song than the labels would themselves.

A non-monetized channel still has some of these responsibilities, especially if it's a big channel (since a big channel has more influence), but monetized channels have to pay it extra mind since anything touched by money will immediately become a much bigger deal, both legally and morally (I won't mention the many moral issues).

Nightcore channels are slightly safer since they're not directly competing with official videos, they're targeting a slightly different audience, but it's still pretty much the same thing. Monetize and you immediately put a big target and a big responsibility on your shoulders.