Reevo Nightcore and More!

Listen to the best of Nightcore!
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Read This First

If your channel doesn't fit the requirements, post it in User Uploads
Reevo

Reevo Nightcore and More!

Post by Reevo » October 2nd, 2015, 5:32 pm

So I have this youtube channel that is based mainly around Video Games, but I also like doing a few tech tutorials and also (of course) Nightcore! Currently (as of 2/10/15) I have 17 subscribers and not many viewers. Also, my audience doesn't seem to interact with me that much, so I'd like people to tell me what's good and what I can improve on.

Also, I do requests on my channel. Currently I get none, so It's likely that any request you make I will adhere to and you will see it on my channel.

Finally, just before I link my channel, I'd like to point out that many people use anime/manga characters in their videos. Some are more NSFW than others and I found this slightly annoying as I couldn't listen to Nightcore when I am at school without being judged. So, my videos are made to be specifically safe for work.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChPZIn ... BRQw6WzTcg

I hope you enjoy my channel ^_^
Want to see a song turned into a nightcore? Then message me the song and I will do it for you! ^_^
emilemil1

Re: Reevo Nightcore and More!

Post by emilemil1 » October 2nd, 2015, 7:11 pm

Hey Reevo, and welcome to NU!

First off I'd really love it if you'd read this Nightcore crash course ^^ (stuff that all Nightcore uploaders should know!)
What Is Nightcore: http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... f=17&t=930
The tl;dr is that for a song to be called Nightcore it not only has to be sped up, but it must also be of the correct genre. 99.9% of people don't know about that last part because no one bothers to look up the facts, so we make sure to explain this to everyone who comes here :)

The allowed genres are in the thread called "techno/trance/dance", but since that's a crappy definition I'll instead suggest that you check out this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 553EB99A95
These are the original Nightcore tracks, made by the Nightcore group. The whole point of fan-made Nightcore is that it's supposed to mimic what the original group did, so if your song sounds roughly like one of those in that playlist, then you're doing it right!

I'll leave it up to you to figure out which of the songs you've uploaded fit the Nightcore definition. I think you'll learn more that way than if I simply told you :P

Now everyone on YouTube is already using the term incorrectly, so it's okay if you want to follow the stream there, but just be aware of what Nightcore actually means. And if someone ever asks you to explain the word, maybe you can keep this information in mind, we here on NU would really appreciate that :)
With that out of the way, it's feedback time:
  1. Most people get this one wrong at first :) When you increase the tempo and pitch of a track, don't use separate values since that will cause major distortions. Instead you want to use the function in your editor that changes tempo/pitch at the same time, and by equally much.
  2. It's important that you have a video that's pleasing to both the ear and the eye, so I'd really suggest that you put some sort of nice artwork in your videos (not necessarily anime), or find/make a really good looking visualizer. Secondly, and even more critically, you NEED to have an interesting thumbnail that makes people want to click on your video. Because when people are searching for a song, or are looking at a list of suggestions for what to watch next, the actual video itself isn't what captures them, it's the title and the thumbnail. This is part of the reason why NSFW pictures are popular, because they're good click-bait ;)
  3. I would strongly reconsider having such a fragmented channel. Nightcore, Let's Plays and Tech Tutorials are basically content for 3 totally different audiences, so chances are that whoever is interested in one of the three is going to dislike the other two. That's why I'd suggest splitting your videos over three different channels, one for each type of audience.
Good luck with your channel, and throw all your questions at us if you have any. There's also a chat on the main page if you're just looking for a quick reply :)
Reevo

Post by Reevo » October 2nd, 2015, 7:44 pm

emilemil1 wrote:Hey Reevo, and welcome to NU!

First off I'd really love it if you'd read this Nightcore crash course ^^ (stuff that all Nightcore uploaders should know!)
What Is Nightcore: http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/viewto ... f=17&t=930
The tl;dr is that for a song to be called Nightcore it not only has to be sped up, but it must also be of the correct genre. 99.9% of people don't know about that last part because no one bothers to look up the facts, so we make sure to explain this to everyone who comes here :)

The allowed genres are in the thread called "techno/trance/dance", but since that's a crappy definition I'll instead suggest that you check out this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 553EB99A95
These are the original Nightcore tracks, made by the Nightcore group. The whole point of fan-made Nightcore is that it's supposed to mimic what the original group did, so if your song sounds roughly like one of those in that playlist, then you're doing it right!

I'll leave it up to you to figure out which of the songs you've uploaded fit the Nightcore definition. I think you'll learn more that way than if I simply told you :P

Now everyone on YouTube is already using the term incorrectly, so it's okay if you want to follow the stream there, but just be aware of what Nightcore actually means. And if someone ever asks you to explain the word, maybe you can keep this information in mind, we here on NU would really appreciate that :)
With that out of the way, it's feedback time:
  1. Most people get this one wrong at first :) When you increase the tempo and pitch of a track, don't use separate values since that will cause major distortions. Instead you want to use the function in your editor that changes tempo/pitch at the same time, and by equally much.
  2. It's important that you have a video that's pleasing to both the ear and the eye, so I'd really suggest that you put some sort of nice artwork in your videos (not necessarily anime), or find/make a really good looking visualizer. Secondly, and even more critically, you NEED to have an interesting thumbnail that makes people want to click on your video. Because when people are searching for a song, or are looking at a list of suggestions for what to watch next, the actual video itself isn't what captures them, it's the title and the thumbnail. This is part of the reason why NSFW pictures are popular, because they're good click-bait ;)
  3. I would strongly reconsider having such a fragmented channel. Nightcore, Let's Plays and Tech Tutorials are basically content for 3 totally different audiences, so chances are that whoever is interested in one of the three is going to dislike the other two. That's why I'd suggest splitting your videos over three different channels, one for each type of audience.
Good luck with your channel, and throw all your questions at us if you have any. There's also a chat on the main page if you're just looking for a quick reply :)
Thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do about changing the pitch and speed at the same time, thanks for that tip as I didn't know. As for visualisers, I can add more to the backgrounds. Would stuff like live shows and pictures of the artist/s be good enough? If do, I can definitely do that. The reason I keep my thumbnails and videos sparse is actually because I'm in my final year of secondary school (high school for Americans) and I need to have my head down and study bunches. When I get home after doing that, I don't exactly have that much time or energy to do the nightcore.

Finally, I would do 3 different channels if I could... properly. However, micro management is something difficult for me so If I had 3 different channels I'd likely neglect 2 of them and focus solely on one, which is not what I want to do. If I had more time (which I will once I leave secondary school) then I will consider making 3 channels. Until then I just have to keep them all in one.

Thanks for the tips and kindness ^_^
Want to see a song turned into a nightcore? Then message me the song and I will do it for you! ^_^
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » October 2nd, 2015, 8:35 pm

Use whatever you think would make for interesting visuals, people have different preferences for what they like seeing in this case. Doing something with the cover art for the song might be an option for example.

Managing 3 channels should be no different from managing 1 channel, the only difference is that you have to switch between them when you upload, which takes literally a single second. Receiving notifications might also be a little wonky, maybe, I don't know since I only run a single channel myself x)
Reevo

Post by Reevo » October 3rd, 2015, 2:36 pm

emilemil1 wrote:Use whatever you think would make for interesting visuals, people have different preferences for what they like seeing in this case. Doing something with the cover art for the song might be an option for example.

Managing 3 channels should be no different from managing 1 channel, the only difference is that you have to switch between them when you upload, which takes literally a single second. Receiving notifications might also be a little wonky, maybe, I don't know since I only run a single channel myself x)
I'll definitely try to create more interesting visuals. However, when I am able to is the real question XD
As for separating out into 3 channels, I might try it. Might. It'll just depend on how much effort I know I'll put into it all.

Thanks for the feedback. You've been very helpful! ^_^