Tips on Making Nightcore

For Nightcore discussion in general.
Qoolioz

Tips on Making Nightcore

Post by Qoolioz » December 12th, 2011, 6:04 am

This is for the people who's new into making Nightcore. If you got any tips, please reply and I may add them.

- Choosing the right song is pretty difficult. Try choosing a song that has vocals, but not all vocals and that has a trance/techno tune.
- Choosing the right software. I use Audacity, I personally like Audacity but there are many more like WavePad, Virtual DJ, or even FL Studio.
- Choosing the right speed. My nightcore songs are a speed around 10-14. In my opinion, some songs doesn't sound right with a lot of speed. So just play around with it. I go for around 10-14.
- Choosing the right pitch. I recommend not having your pitch higher than 6. Too much pitch doesn't sound good at all.
- Normalizing the bass. Once you finish with changing the speed and pitch, you should probably normalize the song because it may sound distorted. Audcaity has the Normalizing feature, I don't know about the other software.

- One good thing to know is that most Nightcores are female vocals. So if u want some more views, make your Nightcores with female vocals. Also Nightcore electronic music. Most people Nightcores Techno & Trance. Myself use House (Mostly Progressive) and that works fine for me. But don't Nightcore Hardcore cause that will sound awful since Regular Nightcore is the same BPM as Hardcore. (Tip by DjSwemania)
Last edited by Qoolioz on December 12th, 2011, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Re: Tips on Making Nightcore

Post by Johannez691 » December 12th, 2011, 6:19 am

One good thing to know is that most Nightcores are female vocals. So if u want some more views, make your Nightcores with female vocals. Also Nightcore electronic music. Most people Nightcores Techno & Trance. Myself use House (Mostly Progressive) and that works fine for me. But don't Nightcore Hardcore cause that will sound awful since Regular Nightcore is the same BPM as Hardcore.
Qoolioz

Post by Qoolioz » December 12th, 2011, 6:26 am

DjSwemania wrote:One good thing to know is that most Nightcores are female vocals. So if u want some more views, make your Nightcores with female vocals. Also Nightcore electronic music. Most people Nightcores Techno & Trance. Myself use House (Mostly Progressive) and that works fine for me. But don't Nightcore Hardcore cause that will sound awful since Regular Nightcore is the same BPM as Hardcore.
Nice tip. I do agree with that female vocals are recommended in nightcore.
Raver

Post by Raver » December 12th, 2011, 7:02 am

I desagree about the female vocals. Yes, it's true that Nightcore sounds better with female vocals, I agree, but it won't necessarily give you more views. The most famous song by Nightcore is Dam Dadi Doo, with male vocals. Ravers Fantasy, Crazy Baby, Hands Up! (R.I.P.), Last Resort, Welcome to the Club, Numb, Anima Libera, songs by Basshunter (Camilla, Dota, All I Ever Wanted, etc) and many famous songs have male vocals and have lots of views.

Edit: Forever Gamer, Pretty Rave Girl, Colors of the Rainbow, Feel Fine are known songs too. Flying High by DJ Splash has male vocals in the middle of the song too.
We feel the rhythm like it is our heartbeat
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » December 12th, 2011, 9:18 am

People need to stop thinking that Nightcore is an increase in speed and pitch. It is just speed. If you increase both speed and pitch, you're essentially raising pitch twice because pitch is incorporated into speed. The definition of speed is a combination of both tempo and pitch. If you raised a song at a speed of 14 and a pitch of 6, you are raising the tempo by 14% and the pitch by 20%. This also lowers the song quality as well. The original Nightcore group only raised speed by 25%. I know this because I remastered their songs myself.

Please note that in Wavepad Sound Editor, Speed is incorrectly named as Tempo.
So if you're making Nightcore in Audacity, you use "Change Speed"
If you're making Nightcore in Wavepad, you use "Speed and Pitch Change"

Yes, Nightcore usually sounds better with female vocals. But NOTHING you do for a Nightcore song will get you more views. I've seen some -cough- really bad Nightcore songs get hundreds of thousands of views, while good-sounding Nightcore gets little to no views. That's the way it works these days.
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
RaveComing
ヂュード アイム イーティング チッキン

Post by RaveComing » December 12th, 2011, 12:10 pm

DjSwemania wrote:But don't Nightcore Hardcore cause that will sound awful since Regular Nightcore is the same BPM as Hardcore.
Don't tell me what to do; I'll nightcore VAaGuHCoR3 if I feel like it
/sarcasm
/irony
xXSofoDemonXx

Post by xXSofoDemonXx » October 21st, 2012, 8:49 am

Hi! how do i normalize the bass on Audacity?