Recommended Anime

Kawaii desu, ne?
Thaigr

Recommended Anime

Post by Thaigr » January 23rd, 2013, 7:27 pm

Most users I've seen here have anime characters as their avatars, so I'm guessing that this is a community that's collectively seen a huge amount of anime over the years. Are there any animes that you would recommend for me to watch? So far I've enjoyed animes like Soul Eater, NIchijou, Mirai Nikki, and Valkyria Chronicles.

(And, you know, bonus points if it has cat girls in it.)
Peter

Re: Recommended Anime

Post by Peter » January 24th, 2013, 1:09 am

Thaigr wrote:(And, you know, bonus points if it has cat girls in it.)
Then you might want to check out Tokyo Mew Mew. :)
(It is back from 2003 though, so the graphics are not perfect)

Anyhow, there are a lot of amazing Animes out there.
Let me ask you, does it matter for you if they are on-going or they already finished or it doesn't matter?

P.S. - Look at my Signature about Animes & Nightcore. ;)
Thaigr

Post by Thaigr » January 24th, 2013, 12:21 pm

I agree with your Sig, Peter; they both seem to have the same feel and generally relaxed, fun fanbase.

I'll give Tokyo Mew Mew a look if you recommend it. What's it generally about? (If you've personally watched it, that is. Otherwise I'll just Google it and get the standard-cut description. I'd rather get a more human summary, though.)

For me it doesn't really matter if they're ongoing, but I'd prefer to see an anime that I can watch through to completion. I'd take a good ongoing anime over an okay finished one, though.
Peter

Post by Peter » January 24th, 2013, 2:18 pm

I see, okay, let me see what I can come up with.

Tokyo Mew Mew is about a team of Cat-girls that fight evil, etc. did not really watch it, but heard it is really sweet. :) I watched a cut-scene though.

Before suggesting any further, one last question, please, pick from these which do you like to watch, it can be a mix of multiple, so I know what kind of taste you have, it will make me easier to suggest:

Romance
Comedy
Drama
Tragedy
Harem (One lead male character, others are female)
Ecchi (Close to hentai scenes, but not showing the critical parts)
Mecha (Different machines are used, from weapons to vehicles, mostly In-the-future Anime)
Action

Thanks. :)
Thaigr

Post by Thaigr » January 24th, 2013, 2:44 pm

It sounds sweet. I'll watch an episode or two later tonight and let you know what I thought.

Action, Comedy, and if light Romance happens to sneak in it won't hurt. Stuff like Soul Eater (if you've seen that anime) or Mirai Nikki. "Slice of Life" animes like K-On! can be fun to watch, too.

Long story short: action and comedy first, drama (character development, relationships, etc.) secondary.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
Peter

Post by Peter » January 24th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Interesting.

I would suggest you Sword Art Online, but that is Action and Romance.

Bleach for example is Action and Comedy at some parts, but it is very Dark, do not know if you would like it. It also starts quite bad, but it gets better and better when you continue to watch it.

I got it!
Try watching the first two Episodes released of Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sō Desu yo? and tell me what you think. :)

What you like and what you dislike, it would help a whole lot.

Thanks and no worries, I love helping an Anime mate out. :D
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » January 24th, 2013, 4:02 pm

How about Honey and Clover? ;p
Or Clannad(it's sad later as you go deep in the storyline, still watching it at the very first episodes though).
Edit:I also heard of an anime called Romeo and Juliet, i don't know in wich genres does it belong, but you might check it out. :)
As for those having a little bit of action(ok,probably a little much more) and romance, try Shakugan no Shana or Aquarion(the second one is the one i watched if i remember correctly).
Hope you will find something that you will like from what i wrote. ;)
Peter

Post by Peter » January 24th, 2013, 4:11 pm

As far as it goes for Clannad, the 1st Season is a Comedy, while the 2nd Season, Clannad ~After Story~ becomes a cry-hard drama at the last episodes.

However, if you watch Clannad, you have to watch Clannad ~After Story~. :)

It is one of the best Animes, but from your description, I do not know if you will like it.
The After Story will 100% give you a mental shock. ^.^
ClbDK
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by ClbDK » January 24th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Guys plis... Y u no recommend Angel Beats?.. I watched Mirai Nikki, dat anime is tu gud. Angel Beats is like action/comedy/romance? I'm not quite sure about if it's that much romance, but awesome it is! Other nice animes to watch.

1 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which also is a action/comedy/romance anime. (There's a movie which you should watch after the serie, The disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

2 Elfen Lied, action/comedy/romance. A real good anime, the first one I watched actually, it hooked me up so bad that I've been watching like 10 animes since then.

3 Kanon, alot of people like it alot, not my favorite anime though, but maybe you would like it more than me? :-) (This anime is also action/romance/comedy.)

4 Fortune Arterial, action/comedy/romance, Cad recommended this to me and I don't regret watching it.

I dont think I actually did watch other animes, you can look these animes up on google and you can find the storyline pretty easily. :-) (You can also ask me, but I'm not on NU that much anymore. (League taking over my life ;_;)
This is my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ChristianlbDK?feature=mhee I don't upload songs so often. But I'll guarantee you won't be disappointed.

-Chris (Christian)
Thaigr

Post by Thaigr » January 24th, 2013, 7:45 pm

ClbDK: Elfen Lied looks incredible. A mutated demon human that broke out of an island laboratory, got shot in the head, survived, drifted to shore, got amnesia, and got taken in by unsuspecting humans? That looks like exactly what I want to see. Slightly supernatural, action without the general public knowing about it or a huge body count, good character development as the amnesia'd demon girl pieces her memories back together, yes yes YES. Thanks for the recommendation.

Peter, first I'm gonna look at Tokyo Mew Mew. I checked out the description on Animeultima.tv for Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sō Desu yo? and it looks like it's right along the lines of what I like watching. I'll definitely give it a look. I've heard about Bleach from a couple people, but never got around to it. I kinda want an anime with around 20ish episodes, so that I can realistically expect to get through it all in a decent amount of time. (My current schedule is kinda stacked.)

As far as Kestrel0907's suggestions go, I looked at their pages on Animeultima (a fairly good anime watching website, in my opinion,) and the one that appeals to me most would have to be Clannad. According to you and Peter though, it gets uglier the further in you get? In light of Peter's forecast of 100% chance of mental shock, I may have to think twice before getting mentally invested in the show. :P I'll probably still watch at least an episode or two, and hopefully not get hooked into a waiting mental minefield. ;) What's your personal favorite anime, Kestrel0907?
Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » January 25th, 2013, 12:37 am

Thaigr wrote:What's your personal favorite anime, Kestrel0907?
My favourites would be Angel Beats followed by Elfen Lied.
Elfen Lied might be a little violent and have some nude parts, but it has some romance and good stuff in it(and it doesn't seem to be horror at all...i was like "wtf is this horror thing?" before it, but mostly it's about the main character being unable to reach love and a normal life.
After you try out Clannad(still watching it), continue by watching Angel Beats(you will love it) and tryt Elfen Lied(at the beginning and some points it will be a little awkward, but you'll grow to like it in the end(be sure to watch the 11.5 ova as well, as how the episodes go)
Edit:If you liked the anime of E.L, you'll start on with the manga, it was kind of rushed(the anime) so they had to create their own happy ending)
You might also try Fullmetal Alchimist for a somewhat heart-breaking story(it's mainly action though), and try checking out those other animes i listed earlier. ;p
Peter

Post by Peter » January 25th, 2013, 2:33 am

I did not suggest Angel Beats! to you because you did not mention you like Tragedies. :)

Anyhow, have fun watching whatever was suggested, they are all awesome Animes!
ClbDK
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by ClbDK » January 25th, 2013, 2:38 am

I also use the same site for watching anime (AnimeUltima)

And np about recommending ^^
This is my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ChristianlbDK?feature=mhee I don't upload songs so often. But I'll guarantee you won't be disappointed.

-Chris (Christian)
Peter

Post by Peter » January 25th, 2013, 2:41 am

If you watch Animes online, I would suggest the following sites in this order:

1. AnimeUltima.tv (Great site)
2. AniLinkz
3. Anime Here

However!
I would suggest even more to Download the episode and watch it in 1080p HD Full Screen.
It takes around 2 minutes to download on this site, just search for a lot of seeders:

*Deleted, please don't post links containing pirated material.*

Top-Right part of the page is the search bar, search for the episode there. :)
Thaigr

Post by Thaigr » January 25th, 2013, 9:32 am

Thaigr wrote: action without a huge body count.
I watched the first episode of Elfen Lied last night and am immediately rescinding the above statement. :P Once the one sided massacre was over though, it got pretty interesting. I'll definitely be watching more.

Same with Tokyo Mew Mew, just minus the massacre part. ;) Haven't gotten to any of the other recommendations yet, but tonight I'm probably going to have time to check out one or two: it all depends on when I get home and the fact that I have to be up at five tomorrow morning.

Have any of you guys seen Nichijou? It's probably my favorite anime so far, if only because it's absolutely hilarious.
AznXstyle

Post by AznXstyle » January 26th, 2013, 1:28 am

</nothing>
Last edited by AznXstyle on May 3rd, 2017, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jullianrev

Post by jullianrev » May 27th, 2014, 10:46 pm

Gungrave is nothing like Trigun. If you're going to claim that both have non-human/inhuman characters, then you might as well suggest Hellsing. However, Trigun is a Sci-Fi Western series, Leiji Matsumoto's Gun Frontier would be the closest thing I can suggest. It, unlike previous suggestions, is at least a Western that provides the back story to some of the greatest Sci-Fi series ever.
koenieboy

Post by koenieboy » July 31st, 2014, 7:11 am

how about no game no life , its still running so they dont have an ending but its good
http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/no-game- ... e-1-online