First experience

If it's stuck in your head, and you think you might be dead .. then POST IT!
xYorunokoa

First experience

Post by xYorunokoa » June 1st, 2013, 9:25 pm

At first I thought Nightcore was a Japanese girl band xD

The first song I heard was Dum Dadi Do. I was so happy and I thought it was the greatest song I've ever heard. About a year later, I was up at night on a weekend and turned on the same song. This time, I saw a whole playlist of other Nightcores on youtube.

The next night, my mom and I were at a home-warming party and I turned on the same songs I had found. Everybody pretty much loved it! It was a really cool day.

I only had five Nightcored songs at the time.

Dum Dadi Do, Rainbow, Lucky Star, Another Night, and Don't You. Those are my top favorite Nightcores.

I was still a little confused, I figured in my head Nightcore were a group of girls. It took me a whole year to realize Nightcore was a style, and not a girl band.

What was the first Nightcore you heard? Do you still like the song?

Come over here Eagle boy, we're gonna have some fun...

Sitka: B-But I have to protect my brothers!

Me: Oh shutup
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Re: First experience

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » June 2nd, 2013, 8:55 am

The first song I heard was Raver's Fantasy. When I saw the Anime picture on the video, I thought Nightcore was a Japanese Group/DJ. I loved the song, and I realized pretty quickly that Nightcore was in fact a Genre!
xYorunokoa

Post by xYorunokoa » June 2nd, 2013, 12:48 pm

Yea I think it was because of the anime picture that made me think that x3. I wonder why Nightcore videos features anime pictures :o. Maybe because it just fits.

Monster

Post by Monster » June 2nd, 2013, 3:37 pm

My first experience with nightcore was when I was scrolling around youtube (this was before I liked anime or electronic music) and I was thinking "Whats with all these weird Japanese videos" Then a few years later a friend of mine on a gaming forum showed me a god techno song, and It was great. After a while I started liking anime, and I was looking for good Electronic music, I was like "Ah what the hell, this time I listen to those videos with an open mind, and gradually my love of nightcore increased after listening to songs like "Dancing thru the night" and "pretty rave girl". Now I really love nightcore and anime and life is good :D
xYorunokoa wrote:Maybe because it just fits.
I wonder the same thing... I think it fits cuz we can imagine the song being sung by the kawaii girl in the picture, thats my guess
License! Thanks Namahage!
xYorunokoa

Post by xYorunokoa » June 2nd, 2013, 4:03 pm

I wonder the same thing... I think it fits cuz we can imagine the song being sung by the kawaii girl in the picture, thats my guess
That's exactly what I used to think :D. Atleast I'm not alone in this :3 I used to call the girls who were on the Nightcore videos, "my little nightcore girls" x3

Monster

Post by Monster » June 2nd, 2013, 4:06 pm

xYorunokoa wrote:That's exactly what I used to think :D. Atleast I'm not alone in this :3 I used to call the girls who were on the Nightcore videos, "my little nightcore girls" x3
That's cute :3 I love all dem anime pics, but its funny how I used to think it was "weird". Your're not alone, I'm a lil confused as well, cuz as much as I like them, it is kinda misleading for people who don't know, cuz theyre gonna think the music is Japanese like I did XD
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » June 2nd, 2013, 4:07 pm

Before I liked Nightcore, I'm ashamed to say that I HATED Anime...
Monster

Post by Monster » June 2nd, 2013, 4:23 pm

XxEvilLizardxX wrote:Before I liked Nightcore, I'm ashamed to say that I HATED Anime...
Its okay, I forgive yew :D
xYorunokoa

Post by xYorunokoa » June 2nd, 2013, 4:25 pm

I didn't know anime existed at first. The first anime I saw, which was Sailor Moon, I felt like I saw an u.f.o from space.

Monster

Post by Monster » June 2nd, 2013, 4:26 pm

xYorunokoa wrote:I didn't know anime existed at first. The first anime I saw, which was Sailor Moon, I felt like I saw an u.f.o from space.
I always knew it was floating around the internet, but I never really started seriosly watching it on a regular basis till last summer when my friend showed me deathnote, then I gradually started loving anime :P
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » June 2nd, 2013, 4:27 pm

My first Anime was The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which I started in January
xYorunokoa

Post by xYorunokoa » June 2nd, 2013, 4:28 pm

:D Yeah, anime is pretty great. Especially hayao miyazaki's movies :O

o.o omg, I HATE haruhi suzimiya

XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » June 2nd, 2013, 4:30 pm

xYorunokoa wrote::D Yeah, anime is pretty great. Especially hayao miyazaki's movies :O

o.o omg, I HATE haruhi suzimiya
I'll find you.

I'll kill you.

ALL HAIL MIGHTY HARUHI!
xYorunokoa

Post by xYorunokoa » June 2nd, 2013, 4:31 pm

aaah, Haruhi x_x I HATE HER

EEW I HATE HER SO MUCH

Kestrel0907

Post by Kestrel0907 » June 2nd, 2013, 4:31 pm

Sekirei!
Manga=vidual delicacy if you know what i mean.
NightcoreXaaron

Post by NightcoreXaaron » July 25th, 2013, 11:51 pm

Ravers heaven by maikel631 bam it started my nightcore addiction and s3rl addiction
Well...Here iz my amazing channel! [Subscribe for the pink guy] Nightcore ftw!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kyleaaron91
`’•.¸*♫♪(✿◠‿◠)♫♪*¸.•’´
(♡) Kyleaaron91 (♡)
¸.•’´*♫♪(✿◠‿◠)♫♪*`’•.¸
Madd BassHunter

Post by Madd BassHunter » November 17th, 2013, 7:55 pm

First Nightcore song i've heard was "Day after day" and i really loved that song, took me to another world....
So i started to look for 1hour remixes and im still doing it, stayin without lights at my room with a high volume Nightcore mix :3
XxEvilLizardxX
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by XxEvilLizardxX » November 18th, 2013, 5:05 pm

Madd BassHunter wrote: So i started to look for 1hour remixes and im still doing it, stayin without lights at my room with a high volume Nightcore mix :3
And that my friend, is how life is meant to be lived!
Mini Monster

Post by Mini Monster » July 16th, 2014, 11:53 pm

Mine was Nightcore - Rainbow Girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsw9JagY9bM
I'm not stupid I'm just to lazy to show you how smart I am. - Oreki Shiro
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » August 14th, 2014, 10:56 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWcsJt44k6c

This video kept popping op on the side of my youtube, until I decided to click on it. I was quite sold after about three minutes. After that I went about to find all sort of videos being labled nigthcore, even rock songs and rap. It took me a long while to figure out that Nightcore was exclusive to the certain EDM genres.
I never thought those videos were all from the same artist, though.
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » August 14th, 2014, 11:41 am

I cant remember which was my first nightcore Ive ever heard which makes me kinda sad. I cant even remember why I liked nightcore so much but I think it was because of the lovely anime pics and the fast,happy music ^^ And I really enjoyed those mixes like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijiBq7ew_U which used to be one of my first. I used to hear hands up music before listening to nightcore but now I hate those hands up songs which I listened to. I still like this genre but I think it was because of the songs I listened to why I have a bit hate on hands up. The hands up songs which I enjoy are those old school songs I think or those with dance,trance. Idk Im still noob with my EDM knowledge but I send you the hands up songs that I have a hate on maybe you can tell me what kind of hands up this is xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GckpCIpNaUw I hate this mix so much and the hands up music on this mix are very different from the nightcore songs from lets say for example HandzUpNightcore.

Well anyways I think nightcore was always on my recommended videos page on youtube and then Ive wondered what is nightcore and clicked on the nightcore video because it looked interesting with the anime pic. I didnt even know what was fake nightcore and what was original nightcore but I think before I knew it I heard both fake nightcore and original. When I found Inaris channel I stopped listening to fake nightcore because I liked the nightcore music of his channel the most. And then I started to listen to maikel but I think I already listened to his nightcores very early I just didnt care about the channel I just listed to nightcore for fun because I wasnt so much in love into nightcore like today. I remember searching the nightcore song Nightcore-Fly by Nicole Key for like one week because I remembered the melody. And the funny thing is was a song which I used to hear more than 1 year ago it was in a very old mix so it was one of my first nightcore experience. And I kinda managed to find the song <3 o__O and its still one of my most favourite nightcore songs :3

It still makes me kinda sad because I dont know what was my first nightcore video Ive ever clicked on or how the fuck it could be on my recommended videos list :O Maybe it was because a friend told me about the song Anima Libera and I enjoyed this song so much without even knowing it was nightcore xDDDD I think thats the reason why nightcore came up on my recommended videos on youtube. Omg after thinking so much about my first nightcore experience I guess the first nightcore Ive ever heard was Anima Libera :D
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 14th, 2014, 12:27 pm

My first was this one: Nightcore - Ass Up

A friend linked it and a bunch of other Nightcore to me, but I didn't like any of them. Then, just as a joke, I made a few Nightcore videos myself of really horrible songs. My friends thought it was a little funny so I made a few more, and then a few more, and then... yeah, you probably get it.

Eventually I started doing it more seriously, found songs that I actually liked, and so on.

---
maybe you can tell me what kind of hands up this is xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GckpCIpNaUw I hate this mix so much and the hands up music on this mix are very different from the nightcore songs from lets say for example HandzUpNightcore
I think those songs sound about the same as those on HandzUpNightcore, except they're not Nightcored ^^ Then again, I've always liked all forms of Hands Up, regardless of how it has evolved. Maybe you prefer the old school sound more :)

Some thoughts on Hands Up history, for no reason:
As far as I understand, the Hands Up genre (also called Eurotrance or Hard Dance) has gone through three transitions, and is currently heading towards a fourth:

1. Built from Eurodance, Italodance and some Hard Trance, very happy/crazy or very "trancy", not very hard.
2. The crazy aspect is toned down. Songs become slightly harder and "fatter", more similar to Hard Trance.
3. Sounds from Hardstyle and Hardcore are included, the BPM increases.
4. The crazy aspect is becoming huge, and sounds are also being taken from House and Electro.
HFUNightcore

Post by HFUNightcore » August 14th, 2014, 12:34 pm

emilemil1 wrote:My first was this one: Nightcore - Ass Up

A friend linked it and a bunch of other Nightcore to me, but I didn't like any of them. Then, just as a joke, I made a few Nightcore videos myself of really horrible songs. My friends thought it was a little funny so I made a few more, and then a few more, and then... yeah, you probably get it.

Eventually I started doing it more seriously, found songs that I actually liked, and so on.

---
maybe you can tell me what kind of hands up this is xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GckpCIpNaUw I hate this mix so much and the hands up music on this mix are very different from the nightcore songs from lets say for example HandzUpNightcore
I think those songs sound about the same as those on HandzUpNightcore, except they're not Nightcored ^^ Then again, I've always liked all forms of Hands Up, regardless of how it has evolved. Maybe you prefer the old school sound more :)

Some thoughts on Hands Up history, for no reason:
As far as I understand, the Hands Up genre (also called Eurotrance or Hard Dance) has gone through three transitions, and is currently heading towards a fourth:

1. Built from Eurodance, Italodance and some Hard Trance, very happy/crazy or very "trancy", not very hard.
2. The crazy aspect is toned down. Songs become slightly harder and "fatter", more similar to Hard Trance.
3. Sounds from Hardstyle and Hardcore are included, the BPM increases.
4. The crazy aspect is becoming huge, and sounds are also being taken from House and Electro.
thats why I hate those hands up songs from the mix probably because they have something from the house genre.

haha I remember playing Nightcore - Ass up on osu! :D
Nightcore4eva

Post by Nightcore4eva » December 14th, 2015, 1:57 am

My first experience with Nightcore was with the song "Frozen". From then on, I was hooked! Never looked back :)
TheCrimsonWarlock

Post by TheCrimsonWarlock » January 10th, 2016, 1:48 am

My first Nightcore song was Stamp on the Ground and I accidentally stumbled upon it during a techno/dubstep phase.
Boiledcabbages

Post by Boiledcabbages » October 24th, 2016, 2:05 pm

Back in October 2014 when i was 11, i was searching pokemon vids on youtube, i stumbled upon an AMV of Dam Dadi Doo and i really really loved it. I then started hearing and falling in love with other songs like Pika Girl, I also made a list of Nightcore songs that I have fallen in love with based on chronological order (at what particular time i Loved that song) during summer 2015 and i continued updating it. I copy it to my new rough note when my old one ends, now the list is at 52 songs!
God, I can't believe how so many people started nightcore with Dam Dadi Doo!
Sometimes my saliva tastes like unicorn pee
NCChaos

Post by NCChaos » June 24th, 2017, 6:56 am

I first listened a nightcored version of Mi Mi Mi from Nightblue3 a famous League of Legends streamer who had it in one of his Youtube edits. At the time i didn't realize that Nightcore was a thing xD. After a while i did my research and found the real story behind Nightcore. Although my first experience was with Mi Mi Mi the songs that really got me in this genre where I Am Machine And Painkiller by Three Days Grace! :D