NightcoreReality Asking for Donations?

About YouTube videos, copyright, and culture.
AznXstyle

NightcoreReality Asking for Donations?

Post by AznXstyle » August 25th, 2015, 4:09 pm

So I only recently got back into Nightcore once more to just find disappointment on the #1 Nightcore channel. All Nightcore channels (Or most of them) understand that you can't make money off of Nightcore. I was appalled to witness a Paypal link with the words "Donate to NightcoreReality!" I'm not only stunned for the factor of such low morals, but her channel doesn't even make "real" Nightcore. What do you guys think about this?

Screenshot indicating Donation Button
http://puu.sh/jOm6j/545991b7b4.jpg
HKO2006

Re: NightcoreReality Asking for Donations?

Post by HKO2006 » August 26th, 2015, 9:19 am

See Patreon for more.
Welcome to Nightcore Universe! Enjoy your stay as much as you enjoy the original Nightcore songs!
Useful threads/links
What is Nightcore 101
Nightcore Channel Database
Nightcore Know Your Meme
How to make Nightcore (NIGHTCORE TUTORIAL) UPDATED
Speeding up seems to be a little magic making things a little bit more appealing.

emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 26th, 2015, 10:35 am

Nightcore is 99% of the time stolen work and therefore goes against the YouTube TOS, and most likely the law in your country. Add money into the equation and it goes from being an act of innocent promotion because you like the song, to being blatant theft in order to make some easy cash.

But if you ask for permission for all the songs that you upload, then I think it's okay to accept donations. Use the money that you make from it to buy the songs that you upload, support the artists that deserve the majority of the credit, then you've gone the whole length and I could even accept running ads.

If you don't do that, then don't be an ass and try to make money off Nightcore, it's as simple as that.
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » August 26th, 2015, 12:31 pm

nitecorrealty fore sure asks for sure permission for every upload. KoP verified it for me. :^)
Enforcing the cute little sister of Happy Hardcore
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 26th, 2015, 12:53 pm

NightcoreReality isn't the 1%.
toptrancemaster

Post by toptrancemaster » August 27th, 2015, 6:49 am

I dont think its ok to make money of some else work
But how about donation?! I dont have anyidea. But I would never do that
I take my channel like hobby just upload to show how amazing trance/techno is.
and ofcourse supporting other producers

For my its pure hobby.
Just listen if you dont listen you dont feel if you dont feel you not
enjoy anyways i dont know why i write it. ^_^

Anyways
Dj East Wolf Dats me :P
HENTAiCORE

Post by HENTAiCORE » August 27th, 2015, 4:03 pm

we talked about this topic quite alot lately, especially i got rly mad about her success and the dumbness of her fans.
i also had the luck to get her to answer my comments several times. when i asked her about her earnings she basically said "if people want to donate its ok they dont have to. i also never expected to become this big. oh have i mentioned how much work this channel is?".
i cant show you my conversation with her and her fans though because im on mobile atm. maybe someone could post a link to the original comment? its quite interesting to see how badly she explains her motivations and also how dumb her fans rly are.
My Soundcloud :3
Hardcore Producer and Composer since 2013
AznXstyle

Post by AznXstyle » August 31st, 2015, 5:22 pm

The main factor that probably puts my blood to a boil is that "NightcoreReality" only post speed edits. The fanbase is ignorant and act like they know what "Nightcore" is. The channel itself doesn't even know what real Nightcore is. One of the fans were like, "You put in so much effort in these videos, how do you make Nightcore?" I took it upon myself to answer the question by saying, "You can't truly make Nightcore, but you can make speed edits or something fairly similar to nightcore by finding a upbeat/hardcore/techno song and speed it up by 20-40%. That's when it happen, an ignorant user replied saying, "You're wrong, Nightcore also changes the pitch and a bunch of other things." I replied, "Speed affects both tempo and pitch. Adding visuals are not part of Nightcore. I have a Nightcore channel I would know." They then proceeded to reply, "Just because you have something doesn't mean you're doing it right." My response, "You do know that 'NightcoreReality' doesn't make real nightcore, only speed edits." Their response, "I'm not gonna argue with someone so ignorant." Let it be known, apparently I'm ignorant for trying to correct someone.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SYTLNightcoreCC
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » August 31st, 2015, 5:23 pm

666 dollar a month.
66 backers

1 person donates 250 a month.
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » August 31st, 2015, 6:21 pm

You should link the original Nightcore tracks, clarify that they are in fact the originals and that every other Nightcore is inofficial and fanmade, and simply ask that person to point out one of these "other things" that's been changed in one of the original tracks. If he/she can't give an answer or avoids the question, which will obviiusly happen, then you can walk away satisfied knowing you won.

And of course back up all claims with links to proofs, like the original group's website etc. Give no way to retaliate, and a challenge you know is impossible.
rsslayersr

Post by rsslayersr » January 12th, 2016, 5:53 am

At least her Patreon funds have declined. No more 250 from a single backer, which comes down to about 300 dollars a month now.

I guess these fans are as spontanious as most Nightcore fans when they first use their own music software.
It's just not worth the time and money when it's not consistantly good music.