DCX Nightcore - You pt II

This section is for people who have produced/remixed any songs of their own.
joelkalsi

DCX Nightcore - You pt II

Post by joelkalsi » November 25th, 2015, 9:30 am

Here's a new single, in the more traditional nightcore style. Got to pick up the pencil again and tried a new technique approach with cover art to get a more traditional anime look with the hair. How do you like the cover art? And the song?

https://open.spotify.com/album/4d9gE36meqFMzKMmnUTyLQ
emilemil1

Re: DCX Nightcore - You pt II

Post by emilemil1 » November 25th, 2015, 10:21 am

Pretty decent cover art. I do like the hair, the eyes and the flower. There's something feeling off about the face though, very heavy shading beneath the hair and an... uneven almost yellow-ish fake tan? :D

Anyway, the song is very good overall, a solid "really nice". Though it does seem to lack something to makes it stand out as more awesome than the rest.
joelkalsi

Post by joelkalsi » November 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Hahahh fake tan :D

Thanks! Style-wise it's alike with the previous single "Brand New Me" which I like a bit more, but the style works nice as speeded up :) The next single is more vocal trance alike, can't wait to get it released!
emilemil1

Post by emilemil1 » November 27th, 2015, 8:41 am

It definitely works great sped-up, it almost feels like it was meant to be like that from the start ;P
joelkalsi

Post by joelkalsi » November 30th, 2015, 6:27 am

Indeed, it was meant to be sped up in the first place :) Releasing the original speed versions now as an album under DCX, not sure when it hits Spotify etc but tomorrow (01.12.) is the official release date. It's been an exceptional way of doing things, doing everything with speeding up in mind and then releasing the "slow" versions as an add-on. :)