What would make the forums more "fun"?

Anything and everything that doesn't fit in another section.
Kirby
The Scapegoat

What would make the forums more "fun"?

Post by Kirby » May 8th, 2011, 3:24 pm

Summer's approaching, and more staff members will (hopefully) have more time to spend on the forums. I've gotten quite a few pointers on what we should change, but as of now I'm wondering what you guys think would make the forums more enjoyable to be a part of. Ideas for competitions, events, new features, etc.

Please don't lie - by posting suggestions you are implying that you will/are sure others will actually participate in whatever you suggested. RaveComing took a poll asking if people would be interested in the NMotW contest. When it was revived, close to nobody entered and no one voted.
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Re: What would make the forums more "fun"?

Post by jordesu » May 8th, 2011, 3:32 pm

If there was radio dj's, who could play new songs or ones everyone likes.
Might be good idea ^__^
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » May 9th, 2011, 11:48 am

Who would that be? I don't think it would be S3RL. And I'm not gonna ask Benji Of Sweden cause he won't do it. The best would be if some of us just made mixtapes on this site and that Kirby could do so that we could make this able for Soundcloud.
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » May 9th, 2011, 12:55 pm

... Johannes, I think he means that actual members of the forum would DJ.
jordesu
Absolute Wasteman
Absolute Wasteman

Post by jordesu » May 9th, 2011, 3:47 pm

I love the "..." from Kirby.
Brought a smile to my face x]

Yeah, I meant members from NU.
If I was told how to broadcast audio I'd do it
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » May 9th, 2011, 3:56 pm

I've seen a couple of forums do it before but I'm guessing it would not be reliable without paid software.
Balverine

Post by Balverine » May 9th, 2011, 11:25 pm

Kirby wrote:I've seen a couple of forums do it before but I'm guessing it would not be reliable without paid software.
An old forum I was on had a radio (Shoutcast) and all you had to do was download this program and set it up to stream to the cast and you were set. I used to DJ for it for a few months, I forgot most of what I used thought sadly :'(
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » May 10th, 2011, 12:51 am

Shoutcast .. I forgot about that. Maikel and Michael set it up back at NU.com, being the backbone behind "Nightcore & Trance Radio". It was up for a while although all it was was a play-through of Maikel's uploads playlist.

One problem we had back then was trying to find reliable free Shoutcast hosting.
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » May 10th, 2011, 3:42 pm

I can upload mixtapes with tracklists but then we need an audio file to put them on.
Maikel631
The Nightcore Source

Post by Maikel631 » May 10th, 2011, 3:56 pm

The radio idea isn't really something good without paid software.. I'll look around, maybe I can find something. The idea is good, but on the previous forum it wasn't a success, cause it did some weird stuff... It went down without touching anything, or it skipped, etc.

Maybe we could make like a site, with the forum behind it? Maybe that makes it more attractive? That you have a site, with some stuff on it, info about Nightcore n stuff and that you have a like.. "forums" part on the site.
Maybe that would help?
I don't really go here anymore. If you wanna talk, catch me on Skype: maikel6311
Johannez691
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by Johannez691 » May 11th, 2011, 3:14 am

I can upload mixes on Soundcloud and give out link.
thecad
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

Post by thecad » May 11th, 2011, 3:44 am

Maikel631 wrote:Maybe we could make like a site, with the forum behind it? Maybe that makes it more attractive? That you have a site, with some stuff on it, info about Nightcore n stuff and that you have a like.. "forums" part on the site.
Maybe that would help?

This sounds like a good idea to make like a portal or something like that. I'll be glad if i can help if needed.
Family! <3

Anata no mawarinohito o suki shikashi, tōku hanareta hitobito o aishite <3

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Kirby
The Scapegoat

Post by Kirby » May 12th, 2011, 10:24 am

Unholy and I actually had that idea a while ago. The main problem is that we can have the greatest ideas in the world but never enough time to implement them. However, if anyone wants to help add content to the Portal I don't have a problem with (temporarily?) granting administrative privileges.
Fernandez

Post by Fernandez » June 25th, 2014, 5:45 pm

I know this thread is way old and I heard the admins don't really come here, but people and moderators still do come here, so I thought I'd share my idea.

Many other forums give badges/awards to members for doing certain things. Such things usually include reaching a certain amount of posts or being a member for a certain amount of time.

I think NU should give out awards for certain things. Some categories we could have are things like "Most Helpful" or "Best Nightcore".

With awards, I think it would make the forums more lively and fun, and I think it might provide an incentive for members to stay (instead of them joining, making a few posts, then leaving permanently).

What do you guys think?
Is sad about the Raiders moving to Las Vegas :(